UnevenEdge

Could Adult Swim try Venture Bros. and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure back-to-back in a weeknight rerun?

It seems to me that the two shows could work well together, especially if they're looking to get more mileage out of the early episodes of JJBA.

I'd say either VB 12 AM and JoJo 12:30 or VB 12:30 and JoJo 1 AM, and of course, AFTER Season 7 ends its Sunday premiere run.

Maybe run Season 7 back-to-back with Phantom Blood, then start VB over alongside Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders?

Suggesting such craziness once seemed ridiculous, but now that Dragon Ball Super airs on weeknights, I'd say anything's possible!

In the meantime, I guess you can sorta experience what it might be like by watching Season 7 threepeats on the West Coast feed at midnight, followed by Diamond Is Unbreakable at 12:30 on the East Coast feed.

• Like 1

I never considered if they go well together, but I don't quite see it. Venture Bros started out by parodying Johnny Quest and then going off on its own, inserting inspiration from adventure and superhero cartoons in general, but Jojo isn't trying to parody anything in particular.

Interesting idea. I'm a fan of both and I watch both [obviously] but I might not be the typical fan per se either.

That said, my comment would be about the contract [ as ] has for JoJo. They might only have a straight contract for a singular run [Saturdays] with option for select additional run [holiday marathons] . Anime contracts tend to have different attachments than something like the Fox comedy reheats which are sold often as bulk year runs with unlimited airing possibilities. Anime can often be sold merely by season or runs allowable and it can be fairly competitive. So if they only have a particular JoJo at a given time, they might only be able to air it for a set number of times and then get first dibs on the next dub in line.