UnevenEdge

Hangry Rants vol. 1

jackiemarie90

This is thread, when you are angry there is no food in the fridge. When the delivery man is taking his sweet time, when you ordered over 40 minutes ago! When you too broke to afford your comfort foods, and you got a savory craving! Or when someone else is hogging up all the kitchen time and you can't cook and your cooking is waaaay better. 

We all have done dangerous things while hangry, tell us your story.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Invida said:

This thread's lack of action disappoints me. I think it coulda' been something. Instead there's pale, insipid pork up top. Maybe I just really relate. My hunger is powerful right now.

Yes feed us your rage.

I"m upset I can eat edibles because my doctor said I had to be off of it for a month. GGrrrrr

• Sad 1

I don't know if this counts.

The other night I was at Taco Bell, starving, rolled the dice wrong and picked the one where little league decided to grab dinner after a game. Placed my order, informed of the wait, go outside to smoke. Come back ten minutes later, door is locked. Panic. Eyes widen. I'm locked out from my order. Eventually some other people try getting in. Find door is locked. Chick comes over and opens door to talk to them (her friends? Don't know don't care. Muh burritos.) Start to steamroll her. She stops me, says they're closed inside, not taking anymore orders. I bark "I PLACED MY ORDER!" and run by her. Then I feel bad because it's still like 20 minutes before my order is ready and she just meanmugging me. I try to Solid Snake behind some decorative plastic plants. Finally get my order and go home. It was the freshest Taco Bell I've ever had tho.

• Thanks 1

This is probably my most hangry story. 

I'm hungry and told my family I was going out. They told me to wait because they wanted me to pick something up. They didn't know what they wanted though. So 40 mins later goes by and now I'm getting kinda pissed because I can't beat rush hour now. They decide on Permanti bros sandwiches. I hate that place because they take forever and I'm not a huge sandwich guy, but I'm not driving all across town to different places during rush hour. So I know it's going to take some time for me to get there so I call ahead to place the order. My sandwich I ask for a Fish sandwich no Coleslaw, Its one thing that I hate a lot and they try to put it on everything.  I get there and the order still wasn't ready so I made the right call. 15 mins goes by and the order finally comes out. I drive home and give everyone their food. I am already annoyed because they forgot the french fries that came with my meal. Either way I unwrap my sandwich and what I see is rage ensuing. The sandwich is not just overflowing with coleslaw, but it is only coleslaw. There is no bread or fish, they wrapped the motherfucking coleslaw up to look like a fucking sandwich. 

I instantly called up and asked demanded to speak with the asshole who gave me a fucking wrapper full of coleslaw. He laughs for a bit like he knows what the fuck he did, but says he didn't put any coleslaw on the sandwich. Then he tries to tell me to take a hint and go fuck myself. I said Yeah you're real fucking funny, it's going to look pretty damn funny in the paper when people read that you had your throat slit and filled with fucking coleslaw. He told me to bring it. So I grab my buck knife and coleslaw, drive back down to the place. Walk past the hostess and kick in the kitchen door. I hold out the coleslaw and yell who the motherfucker is that made this fucking sandwich. I instantly see one guy just run out the back. I go to run out the front to head him off as there is only one exit out of the parking lot. The manager runs up and blocks me but is being very nice. She asks me what is wrong I tell her what happened. She tells me to wait at the bar for a moment. 

I'm waiting then the thought crosses my mind that they are just going to call the cops, so I think about leaving. On my way out I see the manager on the phone and really think Damnit she's calling the cops. She hangs up and says that she just fired that chef. From what she said is that he had been stealing food as well and probably stole the bread and fish from my sandwich. Then she tells me that she'll make me a few free sandwhiches. I still think that she called the cops, but then she hands me a $50 gift card as well. I'm now getting more at ease and thinking less that she called the cops. 20 mins go by and I'm sure at this point there will be no cops since they should have arrived by now. My sandwiches come out and I go home to eat. 

And that is the story of how I was going to slit a guys throat and stuff it with coleslaw over a sandwich, but instead got 3 free sandwiches and a $50 gift card. On top of making an asshole lose his job. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2018 at 9:30 PM, pail said:

I don't know if this counts.

The other night I was at Taco Bell, starving, rolled the dice wrong and picked the one where little league decided to grab dinner after a game. Placed my order, informed of the wait, go outside to smoke. Come back ten minutes later, door is locked. Panic. Eyes widen. I'm locked out from my order. Eventually some other people try getting in. Find door is locked. Chick comes over and opens door to talk to them (her friends? Don't know don't care. Muh burritos.) Start to steamroll her. She stops me, says they're closed inside, not taking anymore orders. I bark "I PLACED MY ORDER!" and run by her. Then I feel bad because it's still like 20 minutes before my order is ready and she just meanmugging me. I try to Solid Snake behind some decorative plastic plants. Finally get my order and go home. It was the freshest Taco Bell I've ever had tho.

She kinda has to hold some responsibility for ignoring your order to begin with though. Glad you got it hot piping fresh

On 3/30/2018 at 10:14 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

And that is the story of how I was going to slit a guys throat and stuff it with coleslaw over a sandwich, but instead got 3 free sandwiches and a $50 gift card. On top of making an asshole lose his job. 

Well thats good you got something after all the trouble, that was good service. Sucks about that guy though, I hate running into random assholes.