UnevenEdge

What narratives or styles do you wish were games?

jackiemarie90

I want either Santa Monica studios or someone else to make a God of War game with Mesoamerican Gods. It's cool seeing fans geek out about the classics like Greek gods, and I see we are moving towards Norse mythology in the newest version. But, I'm also tired of people speaking like the European mythologies are the only cool ancient stories that exist. Obviously people love Egyptian stories but it was also considered Roman territory at a certain point, and I wonder if that's why their mythologies are so well known.

Anyways, my suggestion, have an indigenious character seek revenge on the Mesoamerica Gods for sacrificing beloved family members to the gods glory. The levels would still be vastly interesting, a lot of the territory surrounding the ancient cities are covered in huge jungles. A level where one is sent to the underworld is also possible in this mythology, whether Mayan, Aztec, or both! Fight your way through ancient spirits monsters, fight the maize, fire, and water gods! *slams fist on the table* I'm not particular about which culture, just this region, someone make it happen. xD

• Like 1

would you have this take place during the times of the conquistadors? 

im really feeling you on this one.

as for what i'd like to see? i want a follow up to vampires tmb. this time make it take place in modern times mexico city. there would be lots of good material there to base the game around.

obsidian, and inExile, and maybe cd projekt can make the game. whichever game dev makes it the team should include the troika founders. 

35 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

would you have this take place during the times of the conquistadors? 

im really feeling you on this one.

as for what i'd like to see? i want a follow up to vampires tmb. this time make it take place in modern times mexico city. there would be lots of good material there to base the game around.

obsidian, and inExile, and maybe cd projekt can make the game. whichever game dev makes it the team should include the troika founders. 

The time of place would affect the cultures, although you can still play around with Mayan and Aztec gods for sure. Especially if you're travelling throughout MesoAmerica. I'd feel like they should be a feature, and not apart of the main story, the gods did not like the Spanish demanding christianity be the new religion. Maybe there presence is the reason why gods started bestowing more power to the locals, and the locals decide to the use their powers both against the conquistadors and later their demanding gods who require sacrifices. 

I know Kratos runs into many random greek soldiers in god of war and will certainly sacrifice anyone is his way. I'd imagine our character will do the same. Maybe we have to hunt a powerful relic in a pyramid level like the temple levels in god of war. And you happen to run into greedy consquistadors who randomly die within the pyramids traps, and ones later you can exploit yourself to pass the level. xD

Also Vampires tmb? Not sure what game that is, but from the obsidian I can see it's some kind of resource gathering some point in it? >.> 

Edited by jackiemarie90
  • Like 1

jackie this is brilliant! you gotta pitch this to santa monica studios. 

no i didnt mean that the spanish should be the main focus, but having them there does give them a lot more material to use. the way you have it set up works great. and if not you can always just have them show up at the end and have some other type of conflict. perhaps the gods feel the end is near and dont know what to do to stop it. and in their desperation one of them grants the character powers to take on the threats that he perceives. 

vampire the masquerade bloodlines is an rpg made by the now defunct game studio troika. as the name implies, the game focuses around vampires, specifically those from the world of darkness universe *based on the table top game*. whats important here is that the game is one of the best rpg's ever made. you should definitely play it if you ever get the chance. 

• Like 1

I looked up the Vampire game clips on youtube. It does look like an interesting RPG, I always like customization. xD I can see the setting also being badass in Mexico City. Ruins and Cathedrals galore! lol

You know, I'd love a reason to visit their studios. But I don't know if I'd know much about pitching an idea. I'm pretty sure I could flesh out the details vastly better than here, and present in pretty good way. Mention my experience as a history student and writer. But I always kinda see in media that people my take the idea without recognition of the person who developed it too. I'd like at least a name recognition for sure. lol It would be cool if it did happen though.

vampires to me is the complete package in a rpg.

great characters, fantastic voice acting and dialog, an atmosphere that completely pulls you into its world, different ways to play your characters story and to build the kind of character you want to play as. the only knocks against it is how unfinished it was at release. if you ever play it now i highly recommend you use the latest patches. but yeah a game like that in a bigger city with lots going on would be awesome. 

my guess is they all get together in a meeting when the time comes and have all just start pitching their ideas for the next game. but most likely you may not get any credit for it. tho you never know. maybe they hire you on as consultant on ancient mesoamerican culture.