UnevenEdge

Does anybody here like to play around with virtual machines?

I just downloaded Virtualbox to play around with. I've watched a lot of people play around with them on the internet, and even use them to dick around with scammers as well as to test viruses and malware but I havent played with one yet. I was just wondering if anyone here's maybe had like 50 of them on their computer and if they take up that much space. I'd assume not, but I don't like to assume.

Also I don't know how resource intensive running one is on the host system or anything that might be good to know. I think I'm about to play around with this thing regardless.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Just an update to this thread I don't have any OS disks to install, but if you ever want to play around with an old OS like Linux or Ubuntu, but you don't want to have a system dedicated just to that OS VME's are a great way to check out how they run. Linux and Ubuntu OS discs are pretty cheap to so I'll probably play around with those operating systems first. I do want to build a windows 10 VM to play around with viruses and malware at some point though.