UnevenEdge

(''>_>'') Y'know.....

mochi

I follow several animators/story boarders/writers of the various cartoons and anime I watch on Tumblr (some of 'em are actually on there)

and I periodically see them whining that their pitches to add or include a gay character in the shows they write for got turned down/laughed at (in such a way as to not make it clear that they're discussing the company they currently work for)

have none of them tried to pitch a Show idea to netflix yet?............I mean if there were EVER a time to pitch shit to Netflix it'd be now considering they seem to be on a "we will not refuse even the most insane show pitch" kick right now

if they wanted to they could just take all the refusals as a sign that they should try pitching to a company that they KNOW is gonna greenlight their ideas regardless of their political stance

On 3/6/2018 at 9:19 AM, Jman said:

Maybe they should try to have a premise outside of “they’re gay!  Look how gay they are!”

Dumblr isn’t exactly nuanced.

my point is just if they're really getting rejected so badly, the logical conclusion would just be to make a pitch to a company they know would be receptive.....yet none of them seem to be interested in doing that

which says to me they're just feigning refusals for tumblr cred and haven't actually tried to add any gay storylines to the shows they've been working on

51 minutes ago, mochi said:

my point is just if they're really getting rejected so badly, the logical conclusion would just be to make a pitch to a company they know would be receptive.....yet none of them seem to be interested in doing that

which says to me they're just feigning refusals for tumblr cred and haven't actually tried to add any gay storylines to the shows they've been working on

Considering how many gay characters have become regulars in the DC CW shows, not to mentioned aforementioned Netflix stuff like Altered Carbon, I’m going to agree with Point #2.  Better to complain about the dudebros putting you down than actually do something.