UnevenEdge

Mo Dao Zu Shi/Founder of Diabolism

DragonSinger

This is based off of a Chinese Romance/Horror novel that is very popular right now, and if the story sticks to the book, it will be awesome. The gist of the trailer is that a bunch of warrior sects went to war with Wei WuXian(flute guy) because he went against their teachings and used the dead as weapons which is like heresy among them. Wei WuXian is killed, then the glowing Chinese letters surrounding the building on that hill is probably his soul being sealed, and the dude in white at the end, Lan WangJi, is the guy who secretly loved flute dude. Lan Wangji is a fucking boss, but he's super cute about showing his love for Wei WuXian after getting a second chance.

It's up in there air how much of the romance will stay because of censorship(the sex scenes are definitely out :(), but even if it does get downgraded to a bromance, I'll still give it a chance. It's very humorous in the beginning when Wei WuXian runs into Lan Wangji with his new resurrected body, but then you start getting feels when hints pop up about the tragedies that occurred after Wei WuXian died. It turns out that killing somebody who invented a bunch of zombie theories and weapons won't make all that knowledge go away like the sects hoped it would, and they ended up with copycats who had nowhere near the conscience that Wei WuXian possessed. Since how the war started or ended isn't explained at first, there's this mystery about how much was Wei WuXian actually responsible for what led up to the war. Especially since the sects have this habit of using Wei WuXian as a scapegoat for the corruption in their groups.

Anyways I just wanted to post this because I'm down for creative horror whenever I can get it plus gay romance.

10 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

That looks like it could be pretty good. 

I don't know why Tencent has started letterboxing its anime lately.  Is that some kind of concession to 4K (which I didn't think had different aspect ratio from 1080)?  Is it to try to make it seem more cinematic?

tumblr_inline_mkwnmvOj8O1qz4rgp.gif

I am shamefully ignorant about the filming process despite all the other useless tv knowledge that I have.