UnevenEdge

Animaniacs new episodes coming to Hulu

viperxmns

21 hours ago, Spindack said:

Don't understimate Spielberg man, have you even SEEN Enter Player One Trailer?

But we aren't talking about new project. 'Ready Player One' is a new project based on a novel. It hasn't been media'd yet.

We're talking about newly made episodes of Animaniacs which is a series that has been done. Previous attempts at bringing back older WB cartoons such as Looney Tunes failed because what made them fun before was lost in the quest to be all new and hip and edgy with the franchise. So I'm guessing, based on treatments of other shows, that any of the 'hidden' jokes and clever word plays that made them entertaining to watch from both a child's and an adult's point of view will end up sanitized. They might even decided to chibi and retard the entire cast like what was done with 'Teen Titans' . 

19 hours ago, Spindack said:

I'd like to see the chibi, do you have a link. I admit knowing shows in the 00s, it will be hard to make Animaniacs AS good, but is Spielberg involved in the reboot?

That might be important...

Well, in the case of Teen Titans, their art went from this [disclaimer, it's from Deviant Art but is true to the general art of the original and shows everyone] :

teen_titans_by_arttoroartservices-d5vd86

To this :

tumblr_inline_ndrwu6DRaC1srplph.png

The characters were also turned into caricatures of themselves for the new series in order to really bring in those SpongeBob numbers. 

Looney Tunes reboots were about the same. The characters were streamlined a bit, made simpler and instead of merry shorts, they had things like Bugs and Daffy as housemates for the main long term comedy storyline and every one lived in the suburbs. I think they did go back to a shorts format after a couple of seasons of that but the damage was done. 

I'm not saying it could be 100% awful per se, just that I'm not getting my hopes up. There's too many ways to lose the original. 

Yeah, but I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as Teen Titans, It's a different team. That's how animation works, if its different teams animatiing it, don't expect the same project. I'm just glad they're still MAKING 2-d animation on television. That was looking like a close call of 3-D invasion in 2001. What if it ends up like Invader Zim, or anime, will you complain then?

Yes, but your BIASED. You're only looking at the failures. What about TRON, what about Boondocks, What about the new Avatar: The Last Airbendre?? What abotu Rurouni Kenshin's new series?? hat about Invader Zim, which got a movie greenlit in case you didn't know, if you can bring back Zim, the King of Cancelation, you can resurrect any show. 

Edited by Spindack

On 1/5/2018 at 9:48 PM, Spindack said:

Don't understimate Spielberg man, have you even SEEN Enter Player One Trailer?

I have and I still think that novel and the movie based on it are a horrible mistake

Kingdom Hearts was already something of a stretch, as was Who framed Roger rabbit

but making a crossover of EVERYTHING TO EVER EXIST is just a gross testament to consumerism and corporate greed :|

25 minutes ago, mochi said:

I have and I still think that novel and the movie based on it are a horrible mistake

Kingdom Hearts was already something of a stretch, as was Who framed Roger rabbit

but making a crossover of EVERYTHING TO EVER EXIST is just a gross testament to consumerism and corporate greed :|

Spielberg has ALWAYS been about Greed and being greedy. Why is greed ONLY bad? What if someone's poorer than you. You think that person who ISN'T getting paid cares as little about money as you do?  in media I'd rather make money, than rot in an African hut or prison, like Nelson Mandela or a starving child. That's how people get that rich, they ARE greedy. They WANT money to begin with. I might become rich like that some day, but I made that choice, I had to willingly say YES, I do want to get paid someday. He's no worse or better than a Miyazaki, a Otomo, John Woo, Tarantino, Kevin Smith,  a Mamoru Oshii, an Eichiiro Oda, a Jamie Hewlett, a John Lasseter, a Michael Bay, or Orson Welles. They all signed a contract book, that ALLOWS them to make money. We don't know what ANY of those guys are like up close, especially these days, in THIS generation. They see the hate, and become a Spongebob, more defensive than EVER. They go back into their turtle introvert shells for safety. People like You scare the SHIT out of Spielberg and would never be able to work with them, because they ARE that critical. You really think that's going to get you a JOB??? Talking about people that way. He IS that. He IS a mainstream filmmaker, and mainstream filmmakers care about money and gains. He just doesn't get AS much criticism, but he gets more than he did when his power peaked. He's no different than he was in the 1990s, his films are just as good. But he's nicer about his own success than most recent Hollywood players,  on the surface anyway. It SEEMS to work for him. How is this possible? His brand was established a long time ago, long before the web 2.0 and social media. He doesn't have to put himself out there like a Kanye, Bieber, Sheen, or Kardashian, who are technically just as good as what they do as him. But we're stuck smack dab in the middle in a generation of accusatory mentalities, cruelty, meanspiritedness, and hypercriticism. It works like this. You're a Spielberg, or if you work outside of L.A., in Paris or Texas, you're a "homophobically racist, pedophile nazi zealot" a Kanye, Michael Jackson, R Kelly, Mel Gibson, Michael Richards or Beiber, who get the majority of the unwarranted hate I bet YOU couldn't handle that many attacks, whoever famous that's making the rounds, not because you "are that bad" you're not. But because you struggle, that turns some people of a certain disposition on. They get a hard-on  from bullying you online and at public events. Some pros don't have to do that anymore. Hollywood is glorified just as much now, but therer's that accusatory attitude professionals and amateurs  think they "need" to have, you know, instead of actually writing a SCRIPT. Let's not WORK! Let;s just sit on our asses and WHINE about shit! And maybe get paid to do it! Not much, but SOME!

There ISN'T a blockbuster movie that isn't made in the name of greed. That's why they're not drawing comics. They CARE ABOUT getting paid..

Some fields just pay better. Like Hollywood, or Silicon Valley, but the entire system IS based on greed. That doesn't make it not watchable 

Edited by Spindack