UnevenEdge

just finished watching death note(bluray)the other day

CountFrylock

about the third time I've watched it...once in japanese  the second when it aired on adult swim and now the third on bluray i got it on 12/1/17

my mother enjoyed it but was bummed upon hearing we were 3 episodes away from the conclusion....it's such a masterpiece that it's hard to go back to watching toonami and dealing with animes that don't really present the kind of atmosphere that death note does

that cat and mouse game made it even better

sadly as i said....knowing that series is at least 10 years old makes all of this even harder as finding an anime that would make us feel the way that death note did isn't easy and it feels like at times modern anime isn't interested in going that route

20 hours ago, Daos said:

Was she disappointed in the ending?

Now make her watch Steins Gate

not so much i figured but i do believe the show got less interesting after EP25

it's still a great show and the episodes after "25" aren't bad enough to ruin the series as a whole I mean hell I doubt I could show her any anime that instills a similar reaction out of her

still though it becomes clear after a certain point that the back and forth cat and mouse game has ended and has become extremely one-sided to the point where it's not even a game

I remember originally watching Death Note via online streams in Japanese back 11 years ago. This was 1 year before Adult Swim acquired the English dub. Before the dub premiere, I wondered how it would sound in English, how Brad Swaile would land Light Yagami's God complex and maniacal laugh, and if the voice actors would butcher Japanese names. He and the other voice actors did a nice job.

Honestly, I can watch Death Note in both English and Japanese. Death Note is a Supernatural Mystery Anime as opposed to an Action Anime, which is why it would not fit the Toonami block. The overall story seems more like a Greek Tragedy.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl