UnevenEdge

the CW's "Arrow" adds brand new Gay superhero

mochi

to a 4 episode mini-series

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/22/arrow-crossover-russell-tovey-gay-superhero-the-ray/

he apparently has weaponized light based powers

(I.e. he's basically a male sailor venus)

in Sailor Moon, Ironically Moon was the one with love based powers, not Venus for some reason

and is called "the Ray"

supposedly the 4 ep miniseries is going to tie in to several other CW series so the assumed goal of this is that "the Ray" is going to make more appearances in other DC live action hero shows

he's played by Russel Tovey, one of the former cast members of HBO's "Looking" (he's the one who tumblr decided was literally hitler because he said he's only attracted to Masculine guys)

edit: he's also getting his own stand-alone animated series

though only on their hulu-esque "Cw Seed" web channel

They did one of these for Vixen, and it ended with the character having a role in Legends of Tomorrow.

Frankly I’m still annoyed they couldn’t make Diggle Jon Stewart like they wanted.

I haven't watched any of the DC cw series as of yet because all I knew about them was that they fired one of the cast members of Arrow right after he came out as gay

the Ray is probably just damage control for that and he won't really have that important of a role in actuality

I should probably start watching them though

just because I'm sure they're far better then the stuff I have watched on the cw