UnevenEdge

NHL 2016-2017

Master-Debater131

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruins fire Claude Julien

On the one hand, I'm shocked, but on the other, I'm not. You can look at the stats, all time winningest coach for the Bruins at 419 - 246 - 94, in 759 games; 08-09 Jack Adams trophy winner, 2011 Stanley Cup win, 2013 Stanley Cup final, 2014 Presidents trophy; buuuuuuuut 2014-2015 season onwards, the Bruins have been beatable.....very very beatable. They just missed the playoffs 2 years in a row, and they look like they're gonna miss it again, currently sitting 1 point out. So thank you Claude, and good bye.

Well that was the problem with Chiarelli, now we have Sweeney. There's a bunch of good dudes that have left the team one way or another, and there's a couple (Chara, Rask) that I wonder how they're still there. There's a bunch of good looking puzzle pieces on this team and in the AHL (aside from goaltending), and it's just a matter of getting them to fit together in the right way. Claude wanted to keep Bergeron and Marchand together, but when Bergy was out, he had a line of Backes, Marchand, and Pastrnak, and they lit the lamp 5 times in that line, and Pasta once more in a jumbled one (can't remember who he was with). That was the first game. And I was excited. I wanted that to be a permanent line, and stick Bergeron with Spooner and like Krejci or something. Yea, I know, 2 centers, but the Nose, Pasta, Backes line was awesome. And I don't think it really happened again after Bergeron came back into the line up. Claude was known for mixing his lines up and stuff, but I remember him sticking the third line out in crucial moments and it would cost the B's the game. A lot. I feel like now we have some good players. We need to work on defense and goaltending, be it trade or something, but this is still a team that's rebuilding since the President's trophy in 2014. Maybe Sweeney will make the right moves. Maybe the interim coach will earn his job. Or maybe....just maybe, Cam Neely will get fired after the dust settles. I don't know exactly what I want, but I do know I want the B's to be a good team, I want them to get their wins, and I want them to bring the cup home again, because I know they have the potential to do so. Claude was also sorta known for his moral victories. "Hey we did all the right things, we just couldn't score." Or whatever the excuse would be. Moral victories don't win games, they don't get you points, and they don't get you into the playoffs.

Boston is in a strange place.  They have the pieces to be in the playoffs, but not do any damage.  They remind me a bit of the Red Wings over the past few years.  Enough good players to limp along and get into the playoffs but then quickly thrown away by the rest of the league.

You could either try to build around what you have or go full blown rebuild and try to ship out those older contracts.  Theres probably teams out there that wouldnt mind getting a depth rental player for a playoff run.  Do that, get some picks, and build around the younger guys who are coming up and in a few years youll be right back in the mix.

And there's guys like Pastrnak, Marchand, Bergeron, and Backes that I don't want to see go. But those are just forwards. On the D side, there's guys I wish we had back like Boychuk. Thursday is the first game with the interim coach. We'll see how things go from there. But my hopes of the playoffs were dashed when November hit.

lol playoffs

My teams going to be lucky to get to 50 points

Be glad where you are.  theres light at the end of the tunnel.  My organization hasnt even admitted we are heading into a tunnel yet.

A few moves for you and you are right back in the playoffs, a few moves for me and we might get to .500 in a year or two.

Christ that's rough. Yea, you guys look like Columbus 5 years ago. Tonight the B's pulled a 6-3 win over the Shahks, and while that's awesome, I'm reserving judgement on interim coach Butch Cassidy and his sundance kids. Er....Bruce Cassidy. Right. Anywho, maybe they'll actually make the playoffs. But they gotta play like they played tonight every game from here on out. I do expect some losses, but this is a good start. Hopefully your Avs can make a few moves, and turn on the light switch.

Yea, we absolutely suck.  The only way Im surviving is with humor. Lots of funny memes to get through a very long, and very bad, season. We just need to blow the whole damn thing up and trade everyone but MacKinnon, Rantannan, and Jost. Everyone else should be fair game right now.

I think the Bs will make the playoffs.  it might be as a pretty low seed, but youll make it.  Might make a move at the deadline to bring someone in to help out in a playoff push.  You just have to make a few tough decisions in the off-season with long-term players and what to do with them.

Yea, we absolutely suck.  The only way Im surviving is with humor. Lots of funny memes to get through a very long, and very bad, season. We just need to blow the whole damn thing up and trade everyone but MacKinnon, Rantannan, and Jost. Everyone else should be fair game right now.

I think the Bs will make the playoffs.  it might be as a pretty low seed, but youll make it.  Might make a move at the deadline to bring someone in to help out in a playoff push.  You just have to make a few tough decisions in the off-season with long-term players and what to do with them.

Gotta be able to laugh man.

And with Claude gone, suddenly the B's are winning games. So you might be right. But it might be one and done. And if that's the case, who knows what kind of a coach we'll have next season.

And with Claude gone, suddenly the B's are winning games. So you might be right. But it might be one and done. And if that's the case, who knows what kind of a coach we'll have next season.

He needs to be suspended for taking up a roster spot on my team

Oh I laugh, I laugh whenever the Avs take the ice. 

Yea they are on a roll. Maybe they did need a change in coaching to get going then.  Still some structural issues, but now they are turning it on.

I found out at work....totally didn't see that coming either. So how many teams fired their coach this year? Isles, B's, and Habs (for like no reason...they were at the top of the atlantic); who else fired their coaches?

Islanders, Bs, Habsn and Blues(although that was sort of planned).......I think thats it for mid-season firings

Patrick Roy quit 2 weeks before the start of the season.

Ben Bishop is an LA King

BAM - trading is underway!

Im honestly still trying to figure this trade out.  It doesnt make much sense now that Quick is back.  A few months ago?  Yea, perfect sense.  Now that their #1 is back?  Ehhhh

only thing I can think of is either Quick is going to retire at the end of the year or they are worried he is going to hurt himself again. 

Master-Debater131[/member], I'm not trying to kick your team while they're down but all season long it seem that NBCSN has had a major hard on the Colorado Avalanche. Seriously it's like they're national tv every other fucking week. They're basically telling viewers to don't even bother tuning tonight and I usually don't watch. The next morning I check the score and it's always a blowout lost, 4-0, 5-1, 6-2 and so on. And yet somehow NBCSN keeps showing Avs games, enough already!  S:

Oh you have no idea how bad it really is.

First off, we are a shit team.  And not just shit, but beyond super shit who might have the worst season in the salary cap era.  We are on track for 50 points.  the team is a dumpster fire, has no clear sign forward, and has serious management issues.

Second, even our home broadcasts suck.  The TV guys we have are fucking horrible.  Our radio guy is great, but TV sucks.  They spend 90% of the game sucking the cock of the other team, even when we are having a great year.  "The Avs are in 1st place, so lets talk about how good the other team is and totally ignore our own players"

I cant wait for Vegas to get going so I can hop on that bandwagon until they fix their shit out here. 

Rangers get Brendan Smith from Detroit for a 2nd and 3rd round pick

Gotta say, the prices for some of these players right now is insane.  Then again, its such a weak draft that teams arent worried about throwing away picks this year.

Good riddance, now if they could get rid if Nyquist and Tatar

Oh you have no idea how bad it really is.

First off, we are a shit team.  And not just shit, but beyond super shit who might have the worst season in the salary cap era.  We are on track for 50 points.  the team is a dumpster fire, has no clear sign forward, and has serious management issues.

Second, even our home broadcasts suck.  The TV guys we have are fucking horrible.  Our radio guy is great, but TV sucks.  They spend 90% of the game sucking the cock of the other team, even when we are having a great year.  "The Avs are in 1st place, so lets talk about how good the other team is and totally ignore our own players"

I cant wait for Vegas to get going so I can hop on that bandwagon until they fix their shit out here.

What I'm trying to figure out is why NBCSN keeps showing their games?  S:

• panic locked this topic