UnevenEdge

my boston butt is seasoned and awaiting

fuggnificent

$i spent my money on a huge smoker grill so it could be probably SMOKED and not grilled... im THIS serious about this butt yall

so i spent all my money on the grill and all the ingredients... mom told me the butt would be $10

so that was ALL i had left

i get to the meat section at bi lo and theres a huge butt and a little butt

the little but says $16..but its much too small.. the bigger one, the size i had in mind.. says $27... so im like FUCK .. i only got ten.. what do???

then i stare at it and see in yellow "$10.61 if you have card"!

YES.. THEY WERE TAKING $17 Off if you had a card!!!! IT WAS ON SALE!!

i was meant to eat this butt all weekend, yall!!

Built the smoker pit.

Used Omaha Steak seasoning with yellow mustard, basted with some diluted Angery Orchird, smoked for 5 hours, then put a glaze ofsangria mixed with Stubb's Sweet Heat and let it cook for about 20 mins.

It. Was. BANGINNNNN.

21083533_10212214585713979_5852364032877227635_o.jpg?oh=94fb5faf23329640e2e000ecbe96cae4&oe=5A199648

i bought this high tech smoker grill thingie with a temperture gauge on it.. gonna smoke it for 12 hours... or less.. the recipe called for a 8lb butt and i only could find a four.. 8 would have been fucking huge

i bought this high tech smoker grill thingie with a temperture gauge on it.. gonna smoke it for 12 hours... or less.. the recipe called for a 8lb butt and i only could find a four.. 8 would have been fucking huge

All I had was an HVAC thermometer which I really only used for cooking. Stayed at about 120 the whole time, had to get the fire really going to bump it up to 165.

My mom gave me the butt, no idea on weight... felt like 8lbs.

All I had was an HVAC thermometer which I really only used for cooking. Stayed at about 120 the whole time, had to get the fire really going to bump it up to 165.

My mom gave me the butt, no idea on weight... felt like 8lbs.

yah that looks about 8... at least 6.  the recipe says it has to be 225

we'll see

my mom is actually gonna smoke it while im at work.. hopefully itll be done by the time i make it home..

yah that looks about 8... at least 6.  the recipe says it has to be 225

we'll see

my mom is actually gonna smoke it while im at work.. hopefully itll be done by the time i make it home..

the inside of the smoker should be 225... don't let the butt in there at 225 for 5 hours it'll be dry as fuuuuck  >:D

the inside of the smoker should be 225... don't let the butt in there at 225 for 5 hours it'll be dry as fuuuuck  >:D

"Get your smoker up to proper temperature. I cook butts at 225 degrees and use seasoned Cherry Wood chunks for the smoke.

The length of cooking can be a little tricky to figure out, but a good rule of thumb is 1 to 1 (hours of smoke per lb of meat). But I like to always have a meat thermometer handy and strictly go by internal temperature. You are shooting for an internal temperature of 195 degrees for perfect pulled pork."

NOW IM SO CONFUSED! LOL

thats not from my recipe... my recipe says to preheat at 225...but it actually doesnt say what temp to keep it at... im sure my mom will know? maybe? i dont know.. ill tell her to keep it at 195 and ill probably just smoke it 4-5 hours since its small

"Get your smoker up to proper temperature. I cook butts at 225 degrees and use seasoned Cherry Wood chunks for the smoke.

The length of cooking can be a little tricky to figure out, but a good rule of thumb is 1 to 1 (hours of smoke per lb of meat). But I like to always have a meat thermometer handy and strictly go by internal temperature. You are shooting for an internal temperature of 195 degrees for perfect pulled pork."

NOW IM SO CONFUSED! LOL

thats not from my recipe... my recipe says to preheat at 225...but it actually doesnt say what temp to keep it at... im sure my mom will know? maybe? i dont know.. ill tell her to keep it at 195 and ill probably just smoke it 4-5 hours since its small

that's why I just fire it up, throw the butt on after about half an hour, and make sure the dampers are closed to avoid flame-ups.

Once that pork butt was done it didn't last more than 3 minutes before everyone at the party devoured it.

There were buns and pasta salad... nobody went for that shit, they just wanted that meat.

that's why I just fire it up, throw the butt on after about half an hour, and make sure the dampers are closed to avoid flame-ups.

Once that pork butt was done it didn't last more than 3 minutes before everyone at the party devoured it.

There were buns and pasta salad... nobody went for that shit, they just wanted that meat.

yah i also made carolina vinegar bbq sauce which i cant stop sniffing... probably last the whole 3 day weekend. just the three of us.