UnevenEdge

Ura Zelda

mochi

at this point it's probably never gonna get fully released but I still wonder what exactly it was

supposedly Master Quest is PART of Ura Zelda (namely it's remapped dungeons) but not all of it

supposedly the actual version of Ura Zelda was like Majora's Mask in a couple ways, apparently despite having the same storyline as OOT, EVERYTHING was supposed to have been remapped (which may be why Master Quest's overworld was mirrored, as a way of making it feel like they remapped the whole game when they really hadn't) and there may have even been supposed to be a few additional dungeons and sidequests (the game was apparently bigger than regular OOT which is why it required the N64DD)

either way Ura's remapped dungeons are the only portion of the game that ever saw a release, in the form of Master quest

also unrelated but I found it amusing

apparently there's an unused model for a "link's mask" in Majora's mask that is Programmed in a way that it implies the Skull kid originally wore it instead of Majora's mask

ZeldaMM-link%27smask.png

MM_Link%27s_Mask_in_Skull_Kid.png

there's also anecdotal evidence that at some point the Mask would've turned link into Adult Link (prior to when they turned the Adult Link mask into the Fierce Diety Mask)

if i remember correctly, ura zelda was the codename for the 64dd zelda title that never fully came into fruition because of the failure of the 64dd.

i think oot was being developed for the 64dd at first before they cut it down to 32mb size cart.

i can still remember reading about it way back in gaming magazines and the internet at that time.

if i remember correctly, ura zelda was the codename for the 64dd zelda title that never fully came into fruition because of the failure of the 64dd.

i think oot was being developed for the 64dd at first before they cut it down to 32mb size cart.

i can still remember reading about it way back in gaming magazines and the internet at that time.

Ura was meant as an expansion pack for the existing OOT game that would have added additional content for the game (basically it was meant to add content that was cut from the existing OOT game including side quests items and dungeons) and also remapped the dungeons (the remapped dungeons were released as Master Quest but that is the only Ura content that survived)

Whereas there was a second N64DD title called "Zelda Gaiden" which ultimately became Majora's mask

features from Zelda Gaiden that never made it into MM were a 7 day cycle (I.e. you had a full week to stop the moon rather than 3 days) an ability to purchase more time rather than simply revert time with the song of time (apparently you could somehow buy additional days) and an adult link mask (which ultimately became the fierce Deity mask in the final game)

supposedly Ura was "kind of" finished when it was scrapped, but according to it's creator it was basically just a glorified DLC pack(back before DLC was common)