UnevenEdge

Cyclists?

Bouvre

Anybody else into any form of cycling, be it road races, mountain biking, BMX, cyclocross, etc?

I'm an avid road cyclist myself, and lost touch with it when I was in New Hampshire. But now I'm back to working up to long distance/endurance rides (100+ miles).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm just getting into road riding after a few years off.    Ended up buying my first power meter and I'm slowly watching the numbers improve.

Nice! Ive been meaning to get one but I keep putting it off.  I imagine having the numbers there in real time helps you push a bit more.

Nice! Ive been meaning to get one but I keep putting it off.  I imagine having the numbers there in real time helps you push a bit more.

To an  extent, yeah.  The new pedal based power meters have some neat features such as real-time vector diagrams that you can use to work on pedal efficiency and smoothness.  Just the raw power numbers themselves probably don't mean much by themselves - you kind of have to compare them to other metrics such as elevation gain and speed.  I bought a pair of Power Tap P1's (Double, not single, sided) and I've loved them so far.  In addition to the vector diagrams, whats been most helpful to me was using the measurements to maintain balanced output between both legs.  But, like I said, I'm back to being a novice after being off the saddle for so long.