UnevenEdge

FFXII Zodiac Age

EvilsergE

Ok, yes, im a bit late to the party, game came out last tuesday. Ordered the game from Amazon, should be here next week, maybe.... i havent been giving my ps4 much love lately, that will change. FFXII was/is my favorite FF title of all time.

Am still hoping for a pc release.

Job system is better, yo.

I wouldn't even call this a job system. If you leveled up specific jobs to unlock others, that would be a "system", just like every other FF that used the job system. With this you're just picking a role for each character to portray. Want to try different builds? Start the game over. There's no other way.

People complain about the original making every character feel the same, but that was completely the player's fault. Set rules for your characters like I always did and they'll feel nothing alike. Is it a shame that the game didn't set those rules for you? Sure. That doesn't mean that it can't be done with a little discipline.

I wouldn't even call this a job system. If you leveled up specific jobs to unlock others, that would be a "system", just like every other FF that used the job system. With this you're just picking a role for each character to portray. Want to try different builds? Start the game over. There's no other way.

People complain about the original making every character feel the same, but that was completely the player's fault. Set rules for your characters like I always did and they'll feel nothing alike. Is it a shame that the game didn't set those rules for you? Sure. That doesn't mean that it can't be done with a little discipline.

That is true, job system wasn't really a good way to put. Every character gets two jobs though and you can mix and match/don't have to use every one. It's quite flexible.

I don't know that any of them did that besides Tactics and the two MMOs.

Looking back on it, you're right. Man it's been so long since I played V. I need to fix that.

But anyway, you could still switch jobs and secondary classes at any time, which allowed for experimentation without having to restart the entire game. And in X-2 and Lightning Returns (great game actually, if you're like me and like customizing classes in clever ways) you were constantly changing jobs mid-battle. Those things alone make them much more flexible.