UnevenEdge

I've never liked rap metal/rock.... like, at all

Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Linkin Park have always been complete garbage to me.

But, then there is Rage Against the Machine.

For a long time, there have been some songs of theirs that get regular radio play that I like. For instance, No Shelter, Killing in the Name, and Guerrilla Radio. But there's also songs of theirs I've never really cared for. I've never really checked them out beyond the radio before.

But the other day, I heard their song Bombtrack on the radio for the first time. This was good shit. This song actually motivated me to check out their debut album, which is where this song originated.

On the whole, this is quite good stuff! I like the album enough to want to go buy the CD (yes, I still buy CDs).

I'm in a rock/metal band right now, and I hate doing covers, but my bandmates basically said we have to do some, learn at least five, and I'm not wild about this, but whatever. So we are going to each individually think about some covers we might want to do and as a band decide which of them to do. I actually like Bombtrack enough that I'm going to suggest we do this one. The fact that I am willing to play a rap rock/metal song in my own band is a testament to how good the guitar riffing is in this song.  Tom Morello is just a really good riff writer in general (at least on the debut RATM album), which is a skill that completely eluded pretty much all the guitarists of all the other rap metal/rock bands I'm aware of.