UnevenEdge

Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind Episode 5 "Scent Of A Monster..." Discussion

Episode 5: "Scent Of A Monster: Chanela Will Steal Your Love"

20240628_131706.jpg

Not sure if this title is a reference to the Al Pacino movie Scent Of A Woman, but since they both came out around that time, it's plausible.

Witness Pokémon before there was Pokémon today at 5 PM--only Toonami Rewind!!

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Ah yes, behold another of the 'banned' episodes. 

Trigger warning for this one - animal abuse. 

I think Jojo being on the block for so many years kinda desensitized us to such warnings...

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

I think Jojo being on the block for so many years kinda desensitized us to such warnings...

Naw, I realized that but just felt like pointing out the main reason this one didn't make the original cut when Sailor Moon made it to America the first time.

On 6/28/2024 at 5:13 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Wow, so even the animation was new to Toonami on this one?

It's possible. I honestly thought I had seen every episode of Sailor Moon that aired on tv and I still have some of the old VHS released back in the 90's but this was one of those episodes that I never saw until things started to be rereleased in their entirety on DVDs/BluRay/Steel Box sets. 

I even have the apparently ultra rare Sailor Moon role playing manual around here that includes a complete listing of episodes 1-82 along with a notation if an episode was skipped in America at the time. Kind of sad it didn't go past episode 82 but it was published in 1999.

• Thanks 1