UnevenEdge

The Project X Zone series is really bad yet awesome

André Toulon

I decided to get PXZ 2 since I had like $7 store credit to blow.....I really like the first one, but just couldn't think of paying $40 for the second one when it took me like 3 years to finally beat the long ass missions from the first.  It can get old fast if you try to binge it........It's a tactical RPG with a huge roster of characters from Sega, Bandai/Namco/Capcom and now Nintendo.  It's geared towards dipshit fanboys like myself and the story is just your standard fare Japanese, unfollowable garbage set to +100.  There is no way to really keep up with what's going on story wise and it is easier just to say "Look, I'm gonna just kill the stuff that's trying to kill me".  With so many universes colliding, some of which you've never heard of because they are mainly Japanese games, it's easy just to get lost.

Oh, and it's completely in Japanese with subs.  Which adds to the ambiance but can also be a drag when you have no idea WTF they are talking about to begin with

Where it shines is that the non-story based dialogue is fucking hilarious......Characters that have have no business with their world's colliding make for some interesting conversations.  Imagine Chris Redfield having a fit that X doesn't need to conserve ammo, or Strider Hiryu being amazed at how Heihachi takes down an enemy with his bare hands that his futuristic, matter obliterating Cypher couldn't scratch.  Phoenix Wright talking to any Character from Yakuza is comedy gold.......Trying to represent them in court.

It's a solid TRPG, but in no way will give you an experience like FF Tactics or any other better TRPG.  It's truly just for fanboys.