UnevenEdge

Varying degrees of self checkout security

André Toulon

So far, I think Walmart has a decent mix of trust and security happening. That stupid camera you can see yourself in won't stop everyone, but it deters me....like even if no one else is looking at that thing, I can't watch myself steal (nowadays).

Dollar General also has the camera, but the lack of employees in the store really make you wonder, who is gonna stop me....worse case scenario, they wait on me to come back because the tiny chain smoker that's stocking things in the wrong places will never catch me.

Aldi... absolute horse shit. First, I've never seen one that takes cash....which I don't normally carry cash, but it seems any time I'm in Aldi, I'm using cash. But it rarely reads the bar codes and you have to look shit up....I did not sign up for this and I'll just wait in line.

Homeland....worst ever. It wants you to put everything in the tiny bagging area, and it's not even big enough for a large bag of fries....now you can do the "skip bagging" option so it stops audibly snitching on you every swipe, but now you got the old lady standing over your shoulder, making sure you don't steal.... wouldn't it be smarter to just let her check me out. It's not even on purpose but I know I never pay for all my shit there.... constantly shuffling shit from the basket to the floor to that tiny bagging area, back to the basket again is a formula for failure