UnevenEdge

Star Trek has bodily went to where I have been for years

ghostrek

I think ol' Gene would see the humor in that. Remember, he created Star Trek in the mid-'60s, pretty much when the "counterculture" was starting to come to the forefront of pop culture. Heck, one of the episodes of the show actually has Charles Napier (yes, THAT Charles Napier) playing a string instrument singing "Yeah, brother" as a plot point of sorts. I think he'd find it laugh worthy.

3 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I think ol' Gene would see the humor in that. Remember, he created Star Trek in the mid-'60s, pretty much when the "counterculture" was starting to come to the forefront of pop culture. Heck, one of the episodes of the show actually has Charles Napier (yes, THAT Charles Napier) playing a string instrument singing "Yeah, brother" as a plot point of sorts. I think he'd find it laugh worthy.

@Gemini Okay but how about my comment about star Trek boldly going to adults swim/ william Street style humor the shorts remind me of sealab 2021

Just now, Gemini said:

Didn't they do that already with Lower Decks? lol

not exactly lower decks  i think the creator of of this series is a former producer or writer on Rick and Morty and the first episode of this series is very Rick and Morty like but they quickly tone it down and it's more of a long of lines of of a typical animated sitcom instead of Rick and Morty's rebellious sense of humor that is a f uto the whole universe

star Trek lower decks is in fact a very respectful comedic look at the Star Trek universities are clearly people that understand the Star Trek universe and do not want to offend a lot of fans that's why a lot of fans love this show because it has a lot of references and stills tells Star Trek stories in a humorful manner

28 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Fair enough. My point was a lot of sitcoms nowadays, animated and live-action, have a lot of irreverent humor and in-jokes. Community is a perfect example of that.

yes but there's still a line they didn't cross with community or the office or any show  other  their similar to to shows like adults swims  but adults swims has an edge of certain type of especially earlier shows I'm not sure about current swim original content had an edginess that generated from feelings of of rebelliousness and wanting to be offensive. Harvey Birdman and Venture Brothers and sealab 2021 it might be viewed in some ways as somewhat offensive to the original content Definitely that weird Yogi Bear and Flintstones pilots they did also.