UnevenEdge

Getting raped on homeowners insurance.

PhilosipherStoned

According to this guy which is supposedly a rep from some veterans program the company that insures my house is raping me on home owners insurance... I am a first time home buyer for one, and I told him this property was cheap. I got a mortgage just under 40K for it.. I said this as a way to hopefully speed things up because a lot of banks/financers etc call me because my credit score is fucking phenominal, but then after hearing my numbers they like "wow so the mortgage was less than 50k you owe this blah blah nvm you probably wont benefit from ths etc.."

I'm paying like 164 a month to insure a home worth like twice as less than most people according to this suppossed 'veterans refinance' guy AND a rep from usaa together since I have an escrow account that is paid in full from the lender... With my mortgage being sold to two diff banks already and me not really understanding completly how escrow accounts work I guess.. I mean I have understood them this whole time from what I gathered from these two agents it just makes seeing how much I pay MONTHLY for home insurance a big task..

It's factored into my monthly mortgage payment and that's all handled by the holder of my escrow account which has already changed hands two times.. 

Then there's the fact my insurance company which I've been upselling since my auto insurance is dirt cheap for years now...Maybe it was after one of their recent updates not sure, but when I check my insurance accounts with them it just shows my next auto insurance payment or something like that, and I can click it to view the full policy get POI cards etc. It shows absolutely nothing about home owners insurance for me to even keep track of monthly. It doesn't show my home insurance policy AT ALL under that tab I had to check the retrieve documents tab and find my renewal notice to even make sure I'm still insured!

*TLDR version: routinely shop around for refinances/home owners insurance because I will be at least for the HOME INSURANCE..  This guy was like as long as you don't pay anymore than like 60 a month for the homeowners part I can probably save you a good amount with this refinance.. 3 quarters of an hour later on the phone with a lady from USAA going through how escrow accounts work she's like "Let me see take this number divide by 12 then..You pay like 164 a month dude..." 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

So if I definitely didn't make the fact that I havent shopped around for homeowners insurance clear, and probably more to the point why it's because USAA has been unbeatable for everything else in the past anyway.. For example having a checking/savings account with them itself is completely free to me no matter what as a veteran and I stay checking for fees.. Numerous car insurance agents cold call me right...

(because my contact info and god knows what else is being sold online fuck it idr care personally because I either ignore scammers or fuck with them and actively get their bank accounts/ fraud shit taken down if I'm in the right mood anyway) 

These guys are always so fucking confident too the car insurance peeps thinking they cn save money.. Then me being a vet and having USAA comes up.. "Well how much you pay a month for this policy I want to see?" I give them my numbers, and they're all just like "Fuck are you kidding me that doesnt even sound real..Well I guess there's nothing we can do for you you're all set then if that's real idefk!" 

but this guy said he knows people that pay like $50-60 for home insurance for a home like mine... Idk. Just did an allstate quote for as basic as I could and it's like 133 a month min so..This guy sounds fishy, but I don't just fish for fish...I fish for phishers too lol idk. Again this wasn't an insurance thing it's a mortgage refinance thing and there are plenty of scams going on for both. This didn't strike me as a scam though from the callers verification etc... I'll either update this or forget about it depending on what I figure out for myself ya know lol. 🙏

peace

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
Oh also I have a 'direct line' to him not your typical scammer but maybe.