UnevenEdge

my problem with one piece on toonami currently

it's less the pacing these days(although i really hate the pacing especially during the fishman island story)and more so the fact

that toonami likely won't be around anymore by the time one piece does reach it's conclusion

one piece and toonami have had quite the history not dragon ball z history mind you but still some history none the less

so it always bothers me when i think about the day one piece ends and then think about how Far Behind toonami is from the current dubbed episodes(and how far behind those are from the subs)

I Have somewhat of a Soft Spot for One Piece and just would really like to see it's conclusion celebrated on toonami

however just getting to episode 1000 will be enough of a task on it's own(something the dub won't get to for years...sooo yeah)

Edited by CountFrylock
  • D'oh 1

not sure why i got the (D'Oh)incompetent reaction....

nowhere in this topic am i dumping on anything or anyone I'm merely stating the cold hard truth that when one piece finally wraps up  the finale of that journey isn't gonna be seen on toonami

which again i think really sucks but i suppose it can't be helped due to the sheer amount of episodes and the fact it's nowhere close to the finish line

You got it because you don't know Toonami won't be around in the late 2020s or even the 2030s.

You also don't know if the pacing of One Piece will stay 2 episodes a week. It might go to 4 or 5 a week, if Toonami manages to get a weeknight block. Lastly, your dooming-and-glooming is quite annoying. That's why the "D'oh!"

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Thanks 2
  • D'oh 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

You got it because you don't know Toonami won't be around in the late 2020s or even the 2030s.

You also don't know if the pacing of One Piece will stay 2 episodes a week. It might go to 4 or 5 a week. Lastly, your dooming-and-glooming is quite annoying. That's why the "D'oh!"

yes i don't know that but with streaming being the future and many companies wanting to hoard everything for themselves

another 10 years for toonami is more of a question mark than something that's a no brainer....same goes for many networks/blocks on cable tv

so get it through your thick skull! I'm not eagerly awaiting toonami's downfall and drooling at the thought of it being no more so i can rub it in everyone's faces

i simply realize that with the focus being shifted to several company's  own streaming services and fewer people watching cable tv as time goes by

that things will only get harder for toonami moving forward...not saying they can't last  into the late 2020's or 2030's but the changing tv landscape isn't making it easy

lastly 4 or 5 episodes per week would mean most of the block would be one piece and I don't see them doing that unless they have no other option

Edited by CountFrylock