UnevenEdge

IT certs

That_One_Guy

48 minutes ago, That_One_Guy said:

Im about to graduate and im thinking about comptia A+

Any of you experts have thots?

Its a mixed bag. You'll be doing hard work anywhere you go with it but some places pay okay. The highest ive come across was $30/hr just off the A+ cert alone but that one also wanted 2 years experience. 

Youll get hired right away then just bounce after 6 months for something higher paying.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Hajime said:

Its a mixed bag. You'll be doing hard work anywhere you go with it but some places pay okay. The highest ive come across was $30/hr just off the A+ cert alone but that one also wanted 2 years experience. 

Youll get hired right away then just bounce after 6 months for something higher paying.

Thanks man. My concentration is forensics. Basically just network shit. Idk if i like that tho. Scripting and coding seems cool but idk if im smart enough to do all that.

4 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

@Hajime do you like your job?

Yes. No. It's a job.  

You will learn the more they pay you, the less work you actually have to do. They pay you well just to know how to fix things.

Also, you don't have to learn how to code to make good money.

If you do get Comp Tia, dont accept anything less than $18/hr for entry level although now you can probably do much better because wages are rising pretty quickly.

15 minutes ago, Hajime said:

Yes. No. It's a job.  

You will learn the more they pay you, the less work you actually have to do. They pay you well just to know how to fix things.

Also, you don't have to learn how to code to make good money.

If you do get Comp Tia, dont accept anything less than $18/hr for entry level although now you can probably do much better because wages are rising pretty quickly.

Im not accepting a dime less than 21 an hour cause i make that just working at the store lol. Im not even sure what i want to do. I guess i should hone in on a specific path tho. I know i dont want to work with law enforcement because ill see some fucked up shit. Idk what the hell to do. Im so worried ill get a job and be completely lost.

4 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

Im tired of being fucking poor dude. I live off yoohoo and mcdoubles. Done with that shit. 

10 minutes ago, That_One_Guy said:

Im not accepting a dime less than 21 an hour cause i make that just working at the store lol.

???

1 minute ago, That_One_Guy said:

Thank God. I was worried it was just me 😂

If you don't know something, search the company's knowledge base or previous tickets. If its not there, google, not there - ask a coworker.  Just try to never ask the same question multiple times.

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Hajime said:

If you don't know something, search the company's knowledge base or previous tickets. If its not there, google, not there - ask a coworker.  Just try to never ask the same question multiple times.

See this is the shit school doesnt teach you that you really need to know

• Like 1