UnevenEdge

Oop, doop and bloop...

Sofa King Kule

Just now, Sofa King Kule said:

What is spironolactone?

It's a testosterone-blocker. For us trans gals who haven't had bottom surgery yet, it's not enough to take estradiol alone. You have to take a testosterone-blocker with it. In the U.S., the blocker of choice is spironolactone, or as I like to call it, Spyro the Dragon. It's also a potassium-sparing diuretic that flushes out your sodium. So trans girls on spiro end up craving salty foods to replace that sodium. Many of us crave pickles because they're cheap, salty, and healthy for you (they're cucumbers and cucumbers are fruits, after all). As for me, I've never liked pickles. I satisfy the spiro cravings with other salty foods such as popcorn, French fries, fried chicken, beef jerky, kettle chips, and yes, bacon.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

It's a testosterone-blocker. For us trans gals who haven't had bottom surgery yet, it's not enough to take estradiol alone. You have to take a testosterone-blocker with it. In the U.S., the blocker of choice is spironolactone, or as I like to call it, Spyro the Dragon. It's also a potassium-sparing diuretic that flushes out your sodium. So trans girls on spiro end up craving salty foods to replace that sodium. Many of us crave pickles because they're cheap, salty, and healthy for you (they're cucumbers and cucumbers are fruits, after all). As for me, I've never liked pickles. I satisfy the spiro cravings with other salty foods such as popcorn, French fries, fried chicken, beef jerky, kettle chips, and yes, bacon.

Does it have any natural sources or is it mostly synthetic?

Just now, Sofa King Kule said:

Does it have any natural sources or is it mostly synthetic?

I don't know about natural sources. As far as I know, my spiro is synthetic. I get it and the estradiol both in pill form. The spiro comes in 50 mg and 100 mg pills and the estradiol in 2 mg pills. I take 200 mg of spiro and 6 mg of estradiol every day. Keep in mind that I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice. These are just the drugs and dosages I'm on.

• Like 1