UnevenEdge

12 bucks in 20 minutes...

Lasty

Not bad for busking on a cold, sunny day in late January.

Connections will be made... at some point this year these little spurts will be the norm and I won't have to rely on busking as much once I get my demo going and start playing actual shows.

I have the talent and the material. Just have to hold fast to what is most sacred...

Damn, is there any way for you to just get a regular job? Giving up on your dreams sucks, but being homeless and getting paid less than minimum wage sucks even more.

I won't give up on this for nothin'! I'll probably wind up with a job at a cafe sometimes soon-ish, but I'm not about to let it define me. :D

Real job? Sounds like he's making money with his music to me.

Well, yes and no. When I find a good spot and time, I make money like that. 12x3=36 bucks in an hour if that trend had continued, but it wasn't guaranteed to.  I've done better than that in shorter periods of time, but even so it's basically impossible to compare to hourly wages because it's so unpredictable and weather dependent. If I had the right space and times to play so that I could be playing music 40+ hours a week, I could potentially pay rent that way.