UnevenEdge

The original Christmas Slasher Horror Film, Black Christmas from 1974 is now airing on The Movie Channel for "Splatterday." I think I will leave it on as background noise, as I work on my own content.

Several years ago, I YouTubed Black Christmas. The movie trailer from '74 was more frightening than the actual film.

Watching Black Christmas was disappointing and infuriating. Therefore, I guess my skin really was "wrapped on too tight."

Olivia Hussey's character lived up to the negative stereotypes of a dumb ass character in Horror films. This is especially when she was the so-called "heroine."

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

Horror is not limited to only Halloween in October. Horror is all year round and everyday.

As someone, who is a Horror fan, writer, and is friends with people who work in the Horror Industry, I never understood why most people limit themselves to only enjoying the genre during Halloween in October. 

When the Slasher Horror genre was at its pinnacle during the early 1980's, there was a film for every season, holiday, and just for any occasion. 

After the MPAA, media watchdog groups, Christian zealots, and film critics like Siskel & Ebert started demonizing filmmakers of the Slasher Horror genre, Slashers and the Horror genre as a whole had to send their movies direct to video.

Because of the demonization, the Horror genre was close to extinction. That was until SCREAM was released and it supposedly revived Horror in general.

I probably sound like a fanatic, but I'm only stating the facts. LOL!

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

Two days after I posted that I just started watching it any way. I liked the first episode even though the story just went off the rails towards the end. The second episode just seemed like anti-alcoholism propaganda. It's mixed so far which is what I was expecting, will probably make a thread on the series as I watch more episodes.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Two days after I posted that I just started watching it any way. I liked the first episode even though the story just went off the rails towards the end. The second episode just seemed like anti-alcoholism propaganda. It's mixed so far which is what I was expecting, will probably make a thread on the series as I watch more episodes.

Black Christmas has a show?