UnevenEdge

Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 Anime Discussion Thread

ben0119

Saw there wasn't a thread for this so decided to make one.

I don't know how to change fonts on this board, so I decided not to include in any text the OP since I didn't want it to be generic.

Is there really no legit way to watch this?  No one is simulcasting it?

Maybe it was just because it was the first time I've watched this show subbed and I'm usually more of a dubs guy, but this episode was confusing to me.  Not sure if that was the intention or not?  We find out Dreyfus and Howzer are still alive.  How?  Then we see Howzer perform some ritual, and all the demon stuff is gone from him, and Dreyfus is there, with some mark on his eye?  Here it makes it seem like Dreyfus was really the big bad, and just using Howzer?  And they revived some demons?  It's not the giant beasts though, this is a group of more humanoid (well, some of them) demons.  Hmm.

The first season completed what would be the end game for many long-runners, or at least a much bigger arc, in a very efficient, satisfying way, but at the same time not feeling rushed.  The story really could have ended there.  So, I'm kind of annoyed that the main villains that took so much effort to defeat are still alive, and the demons got revived anyway.  I just hope the series does some worthwhile things with the story to justify this continuation.  Right now not really sure what to think.

I'm surprised the show added in power levels.  Thought they would like to keep things more ambiguous.  Just found that odd since it seemed the show was leaving things more up to imagination and not having fights decided strictly based on "power level" before this.  Though they did say power levels could change based on circumstances.  Merlin's physical strength was only 70!  That's low even for a mage!  Did appreciate how it made me think of RPGs though. :)

Edited by ben0119