UnevenEdge

Laptop repairing advice.

PhilosipherStoned

I havent tried to use this Toshiba Satellite  A50SD-56987 since I put together a pc tower. I just found a power supply that would work to charge it, but when I attempt to boot it nothing displays on the LCD. I tried the trick where you drain the battery, take it out, and hold the power button down for 60 secs about 3 times and no change... I'm going to try and take out the ram and put it in another slot next, and then try to hook it up to my tower monitor and sync it to see if it's booting the os at all. Maybe the LCD crapped out since it's just been sitting in my room. 

I know this thing has had battery issues for a while that's what pushed me to get another computer, and I wonder if I can even buy a replacement battery as old as this thing is now.. I was just going to sell it cheap if I could get it booted and wiped, If anybody has some advice to help me get this thing in sellable shape let me know. It's looking like it needs to be recycled or thrown away. 

Guest The Hound

I read the whole thing with the intention of me telling you to just throw it away for it being a laptop - but then you beat me to the punch at the end of the OP.

GJ.

Man I know a lot of fools around here that could use a cheap computer.. If it wouldn't cost more than I can sell this thing for repairing it would be a good way to get some extra cash I guess, but I've never had to fix a black screen of death on a laptop though..I did some research. but meh I need to find a screw driver small enough to take this thing apart.. I saw the kit for it at walmart, but meh. I might try to hook it to my tower monitor today though since I don't have much to do. 

Guest The Hound
1 hour ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

There's a reason they go bad though, and if I take this thing a part and look at it I might find it.

That's the only reason this thing isn't in the trash already. 

heat/bad ventilation cause the boards to crack or for solder points to no longer function until repaired