UnevenEdge

I keep missing Shadowhunters

mochi

I'm not a huge fan of Young Adult novel adaptions, but the show has a Gay character so I want to support it(because when shows with Gay characters do well more shows try to compete by adding their own), it just doesn't interest me terribly

also the fanbase had issues with a storyline exclisive to the show in the first season where the Gay character Alec almost forced himself to Marry a woman.....ultimately she called off the wedding because she knew he was Gay........then she got Killed off immediately because she was only created to force Drama and had no actual place in the story and was a shallow character

I don't watch but I heard all the drama with that novel.

How the author ripped it off someone else.

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/01/100329/cassandra-clare-plagiarism-controversy

After I heard about that I was like no thx >_>

Plus my friend said it's kind of a flop TV series ~_~

in her defense all modern Novels are rip offs of something

Twilight = (there's a lot) Inuyasha, interview with a vampire, an obscure German cartoon Called Ketchup Vampires(right down to the human girl being named Bella), and the Harry Potter Fanfic "My Immortal" just to name some of it's sorces, the only reason it isn't more obvious that it's a rip-off is because it ripped so many things off

Hunger Games = Battle Royale and Green Legend Ran(an obscure post apocalyptic anime)

Divergent = the Hunger games

50 shades of Gray = An actual admitted Twilight fanfic that she just hastily (and poorly since some were left over in the first printing) replaced the names in

and Stephanie Meyer has a new book coming out called "the Chemist"

gee I wonder what that's gonna be a rip-off of

latest?cb=20131124145205

I legitimately only like ShadowHunters because Gay people exist in it's universe

all other Young Adult novels seem to take place in a world where LGBT people went fucking extinct

and I'm including Harry Potter because Dumbledor both was NEVER implied to be gay in any of the books and because her reveal said that his only lover was Basically "wizard Hitler" and that he's  sworn to a life of Celibacy, which carries unfortunate implications

But in this case it seems to be practically word for word...she just renamed things <_<

So not cool.

And I get you, I love seeing gay/bi/lez/trans characters.

Ever watch sense8???

no but people keep saying I should

from what I understand every character is Bi

no but people keep saying I should

from what I understand every character is Bi

Yeah you really should!

Hmm, I wouldn't say that, I mean they're all connected, so the orgy-like scenes could come off as them being bi????

But there is def a cute gay couple (not bi).

And a lez couple with one as a trans mtw.

The writing is good too, so always a plus.

Yeah you really should!

Hmm, I wouldn't say that, I mean they're all connected, so the orgy-like scenes could come off as them being bi????

But there is def a cute gay couple (not bi).

And a lez couple with one as a trans mtw.

The writing is good too, so always a plus.

if they can feel eachother have sex then yeah, the Orgy-like scenes mean they're all Bi not Gay(the fact that said scenes are portrayed as an Orgy further stresses that), I mean it's pretty damn clear they ain't monosexual if they're having psychic Orgies with eachother

I might check it out but the fact that it's by the Wachowskis (and they're a similar brand of hack writers to M. Night Shyamalan) makes me cautious of it

edit: occording to all sources I can find becoming sensates did not change anyones sexualities....so I'm gonna assume the Orgy scenes are just to make the show "edgy"

edit: scratch that, Lana Wachowski confirmed that becoming a Sensate changes your sexual orientation and makes you Pansexual

so no, they aren't Gay, and yes, the show is Homophobic