UnevenEdge

Currently on the Toonami marathon stream: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Blatch

That's right! Catch the entire show (starting with episodes 1-5 until Wednesday) for free all this week. Plan accordingly, and you might not even have to watch any of the upcoming marathon. You could just stay for Scavengers and then check out to your Christmas sleep. ::)

That's right! Catch the entire show (starting with episodes 1-5 until Wednesday) for free all this week. Plan accordingly, and you might not even have to watch any of the upcoming marathon. You could just stay for Scavengers and then check out to your Christmas sleep. ::)

Now now, it's unknown at this time IF they'll advance to 6-10 on Wednesday. It could be just 1-5 all week long, which would be perfectly fine by me. Remember there is some reason they had to bump the weekend streaming Toonami block back 4 weeks from the on-air broadcast. And Episode 5 just got done airing on the weekend, so it might be as far back as they can go.

I guess we'll know Wednesday night at about 7:15 PM!

And it's probably best that the on-air marathon starts at Episode 5, because this just wouldn't draw very well with a rerun:

87.jpg

I think one small problem with JoJo is that none of the Japanese "manga-esque" text is ever translated. It would be nice to know what those green letters said when Zeppeli punched Froggy...

Might be having a discussion for Episodes 1-4 sometime over the next 24 hours or so as they air on TV, if anyone's up to it!

I'm thinking tomorrow from 4-5:30 PM ET (the last time they air), but I'm open to suggestions!

I tell you what I will do this run-through: keep a "Useless!" count!

Episode 1 - Dio The Invader: Dario calls this world "useless" in his last breath to Dio, and Dio says it regarding JoJo challenging him!

Episode 2 - A Letter Through The Past: Dio says it once, when he's misled by the early effects of the mask.

Episode 3 - Youth With Dio: Dio says it on the roof of the Joestar mansion!

Episode 4 - Overdrive: Jack The Ripper Zombie says he's gonna cut off Team Jojo's "Useless" heads!

Oh yeah, and of course Patrick Seitz totally nailed the "You thought it was JoJo, but it was I, DIO!" meme!

Last one I'm covering...

EPISODE 4 - "OVERDRIVE"

In this episode, JoJo learns about Hamon and the Overdrive technique under the spartan tutelage of Baron Zeppeli! Plus, Erina makes her surprising return 7 years later, I guess now that Dio is out of the picture!

tumblr_ogrbh10Ygk1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

It's rather surprising to JoJo that this frog doesn't croak!

And fun fact--I believe this is the only episode of the English Dub that doesn't have the word "Useless" in it--no wait, Jack The Ripper Zombie did say it.

Of course it's up to JoJo to finish off the Jack - Zombie, and he does so with flying colors, demonstrating his mastery of Hamon!

tumblr_ogsn4moEJb1rvb8cmo1_250.gif

Those episodes provide the background for the episode's main arc, Dio's return at nightfall, which begins Episode 5, streaming now, but of course also aptly begins the Christmas Eve marathon tomorrow night!

LATER!

• 3 months later...

latest?cb=20161104020011

Bump because it's back this week (4/17-4/21)! Perhaps this time it will actually advance to episodes 6-10 Wednesday night at about 9 PM?

I thought they would be doing Attack on Titan, but maybe the switcheroo last week was too soon for [as] streaming to adjust? Either way, kinda nice to be able to start it from the beginning, especially with Episode 11 still streaming.

Plus, after having seen all of Battle Tendency, I've gotta say that I like Phantom Blood better, and so did [as] viewers...

tumblr_ofzpnkf1qS1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

[fight me bro]

The viewers don't state which show is the best by their quantity. Heck, this would imply that Dimension W is a better show than both halves of JoJo's.

But I do appreciate you bumping my thread... a little bit. Even if it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

If you haven't seen them yet, this afternoon will probably be your last chance to see Episodes 6-10 for a while before Pre-Flight takes over at 8 PM ET.

And Episode 11, individually streaming, expires tomorrow at Midnight if you'd like to continue the cliffhanger which ends Episode 10 with JoJo vs. Count Straizo!

• 1 month later...

It's only been just a little over a month, but it's back on the Stream this week (5/22/17-5/26/17), this time with Episodes 11-15 until Wednesday, then maybe 16-20 the rest of the week after that!

So enjoy the first part of Joseph Joestar's epic confrontation with the Pillar Men!

Also, I'm doing this this time:

ROUNDABOUT ROUNDUP (featured characters in each ED):

Episode 10: Jonathan, Joseph, Young Speedwagon morphs into Old Speedwagon

Episode 11: Same as Episode 10

Episode 12: Joseph, Von Stroheim, Santviento, Old Speedwagon

Episode 13: Same as Episode 12

Episode 14: Joseph, Wamuu, Stone Esidisi, Stone Kars, Caesar, Old Speedwagon

Episode 15: Same as Episode 14, except Kars and Esidisi appear unpetrified

Episode 16: Joseph (with JOJO), Pillar Men, Caesar, Lisa Lisa (with Granny Erina in background)

Episode 17: Same as Episode 16

Episode 18: Same as Episode 17

Episode 19: Joseph (with JOJO), Wamuu, Kars, Von Stroheim, Caesar, Lisa Lisa/Granny Erina

It seems this would be the last chance to watch this set of episodes right now! Granted, it most likely will return in a few months, probably with Phantom Blood first!

We should be advancing to 16-20 tonight at exactly 9 PM; I'll update y'all on whether or not that actually happens!

Edit: the Stream did advance! Episodes 16-20 from now until Friday at about 7 PM it is!

Listening to Episode 17 right now on the Stream, I get the feeling that Esidisi might be voiced by an African-American VA.

I mean, all 4 Pillar Men were voiced by relative unknowns!

Edit: well what do you know...and look who ELSE he plays! Catcher Freeman and Boros! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=111836

And actually, Santana/Santviento and Wamuu's voice actors were in a LOT more roles!