UnevenEdge

Do y'all think Dragon Ball Super will get topicals?

OwlChemist81

I sure hope so! I don't know that it needs them, but it's definitely in that echelon!

I wonder if topicals/other promos will actually be aired during CN as well as [as]. Maybe CN's would advertise the 8 PM airing, while [as]/Toonami's advertise both the 8 PM and 11:30 PM airings? What do y'all think?

I'd be surprised if it didn't get topicals, actually.  Prior to this, it was Attack on Titan, Space Dandy, and One-Punch Man that were given topicals.  All of those shows were considered to have major potential to grab the casual audience.  DB Super is obviously going to be seen as that, so it stands to reason that it will get topicals.

Only difference is Super is a longrunner. That might affect things..

I considered mentioning that, but figured it wasn't that big of a deal.  I mean, yes, it's obviously going to take some time to record a topical each week, but once they have TOM dialogue saying something like "On the next DB Super" ,they can just reuse that over and over.  Assuming shots of the ship don't change, they don't need to make any really new footage, either.  The music doesn't need to change, either, since it didn't do so in the OPM topicals.  All that would really have to change between topicals is the footage of the show, which I think could be feasibly done each week.

Alternatively, they can just not do topicals, or do something like biweekly or monthly topicals, but I figure it's either a yes or no situation.

Since it's long running they may not do topicals forever but I could see them doing them for at least a season.

However, I would think the topicals would be be for the 8pm airings so maybe those wouldn't even use Steve Blum though it would see more fitting than Howard Parker. It's certainly possible they'd get one of the cast members of Dragon Ball Z to say the "on the next all new Dragon Ball Super". Maybe Sonny Strait, wouldn't that be a neat throwback to TOM 1? I could certainly see Chris Sabat doing that as well or maybe Sean Schemmel if they want it to be like Goku is narrating but that would be maybe too campy for the audience they'll be trying to attract.

Maybe the topicals would mention both the 8pm and 11:30 airings but they really should promote the 8pm airing on Adult Swim and not just the Toonami aring.