UnevenEdge

Sonic Mania has animated Cutscenes like Sonic CD

mochi

the animator leaked one of them months ago in gif form then hastily removed it because Sega wanted it to be a surprise

fans were surprised anyway because Sonic fans actually hate Sonic and want the game to be bad so it never occurred to anyone that Sega could be doing a good Job

edit: Sonic CD's opening just for emphasis

Game is looking good, I will definitely get it.

Sonic fans don't hate Sonic, maybe the loud and vocal idiots on the internet do.

no, they do, I am the resident sonic expert and I can assure you I, being someone who genuinely expects the best out of every new sonic game, am an exception

do you have any idea how overwhelmingly negative ALL the feedback has been towards Sonic Forces, Despite Sega LITERALLY giving the fans everything THEY asked for in it? (most of the game's content was voted on by fans and they're still frothing at the mouth with rage)

no, they do, I am the resident sonic expert and I can assure you I, being someone who genuinely expects the best out of every new sonic game, am an exception

do you have any idea how overwhelmingly negative ALL the feedback has been towards Sonic Forces, Despite Sega LITERALLY giving the fans everything THEY asked for in it? (most of the game's content was voted on by fans and they're still frothing at the mouth with rage)

Yeah those are the loud vocal idiots I mentioned. Not the people that just bought and enjoyed Unleashed, Colors, Generations, etc.