UnevenEdge

I feel like there's a language barrier someone is ignoring

mochi

according to someone (who frankly just seems to hate all shonen ai and Yaoi) on tumblr Yuri On Ice's creator made homophobic comments

which I find hard to belive considering she wrote a fucking Gay romance anime S: (and a well written one at that)

apparently the comment she made was that "gay people should not engage in public displays of affection"

thing is

in japan, ANY public display of affection even heterosexual ones are typically considered tacky

• 2 weeks later...

according to someone (who frankly just seems to hate all shonen ai and Yaoi) on tumblr Yuri On Ice's creator made homophobic comments

which I find hard to belive considering she wrote a fucking Gay romance anime S: (and a well written one at that)

apparently the comment she made was that "gay people should not engage in public displays of affection"

thing is

in japan, ANY public display of affection even heterosexual ones are typically considered tacky

Sounds like a whole heapin load a hockey.

It was some offhand comment that was made years ago on Twitter, that was then mistranslated after the YOI anime aired. Tried finding a source, but this honestly feels like ancient history now, so I'm not sure why it's being brought up again.

the person that made the post I was reffering to actually begrudingly admitted a few days later that there is actually some evidence that the tweet was actually fake and that she never said any such thing