UnevenEdge

Archer:Dreamland (season 8)

Guest Zintar

Guest Zintar

sounds interesting.

I thought so too. Reading how the season will play out it sounds like the creators will be able to pull off some pretty crazy / dark stuff.

I like it but it's kind of - reeks of having run out of ideas.  Like when they start playing around with alternate realities and dream seasons, that could be a sign that they've kinda told all the stories they set out to tell maybe.

but having said that, I did like the episode and the idea is okay.  I'm starting to get a little bored with the show though, because all the jokes, characters and plot tend to be in the same tight orbit they always were.  So I just feel a lot of times like I'm seeing - instead of something new, just all the old stuff moved around.  Same furniture.  Same room.  There's only so much you can do with that.  Which I guess is why they're doing this.  But even in this setting, it's kind of the same furniture just with covers on it.

It sounds like I'm more down on the show than I am.  It's still entertaining.

It was an okay first episode. It got agood laugh or two, but hasn't really touched the early years for a few seasons now. Mostly just waiting for it to end in vain hope that Reed can come back with something good after. Though, always preferred Frisky Dingo to Archer, and that's pretty much gone forever. So... eh.