UnevenEdge

We will be testing out some ideas for things we can do on the board.  If they work out, we might make them a regular thing.  Or they might be like a regular thing, but only available to members that are interested, or maybe not.  We'll see how they go.

So these things require members to sign up to be tested on like rodents receive the magical internet benefits of these special things.

Currently we are looking to test out:

1.  RPG:  I need to test out the gaming table section.  In order to do that, I need some players for an ongoing PBP (Play By Post) RPG (Role-Playing Game).  Basically it's the internet version of a pencil-and-paper-and-dice game in which players create characters to go on adventures in the world the GM has created.  The campaign is called "the Bricen Chronicles" and takes place in a medievalish fantasy setting.  The ruleset is home made, but still consists of all the basic stuff that's in an RPG (characters will have stats that represent their various characteristics, and chose classes/talents etc).

2.  Weekly Email Digest/Notification:  Basically a weekly email telling you what's new with links to new Media news, and other stuff.  Basically more or less a digest/reminder to log in, or catch you up if you haven't had time to.

3.  UEMB A/V Club:  This will be an area on the board where we screen things.  Rather than be posted as threads, they will be up for a limited amount of time, and then we will move on to the next screening.  Essentially this will be about discussion of the work and learning from it, sometimes we might have parody contests to see who can come up with the best parody of it.  You know - legal stuff that we can do.  Screenings will include obscure and classic television shows and shorts, sci fi, fantasy, horror and genre shows, animation, alternative comedy, and other stuff.

If you're interested in signing up for this stuff, post in this thread, along with which thing(s) you're interested in.  I will add you to that list, and when we're ready to test it, I'll fix you up so you can do that and PM to let you know it's goin' down.

RPG all the way.

can you see the gaming tables area toward the bottom of the board?  there's should be a "Staging/Planning" section and a "Bricen Chronicles" section.

If you can, then think about what sort of character you want and feel free to post any questions on the Bricen board about it.

2 & 3 for me. thanks!

You should be able to see the A/V club board.  also there's a thread about it on the planning board, if there's some stuff you want to see screened in there, I can show you how to post stuff to the A/V Club block so you can change the vids and stuff too.