UnevenEdge

This PSP was just parts in a box for years.

Greeny

Mine’s just about done. The battery got real fucky the other day. I don’t wanna buy a replacement that’ll be twice of what I spent in the first place but I don’t know otherwise.

Chinatown Wars is the only game that even requires the Select button (broken button) so profusely. VCS on the PS2 is also a stupid fortune.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Mine’s just about done. The battery got real fucky the other day. I don’t wanna buy a replacement that’ll be twice of what I spent in the first place but I don’t know otherwise.

Chinatown Wars is the only game that even requires the Select button (broken button) so profusely. VCS on the PS2 is also a stupid fortune.

Depends on how big your library is I suppose. And if you're not against emulation there are plenty of other ways to play PSP games. I understand wanting to use original hardware though. That's why I went through all the trouble of getting this back to working condition to begin with.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Greeny said:

And if you're not against emulation there are plenty of other ways to play PSP games. I understand wanting to use original hardware though.

Emulation is what’s going to save these games. I’d love to keep parading physical over digital but greedy people are ruining it for everyone. On top of the systems just being old. I’ll only be sad when my PS2 Phat dies after 25 years.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Emulation is what’s going to save these games. I’d love to keep parading physical over digital but greedy people are ruining it for everyone. On top of the systems just being old. I’ll only be sad when my PS2 Phat dies after 25 years.

That's why I mostly switched to PC. You can play almost everything and the list grows every day. Not to mention rom hacks and fan translations of foreign games. You can bet your ass my PC has a blu-ray drive in it though. I play my PS2 discs in 4k and it's sick. Most games upscale surprisingly well. 

• Like 1