UnevenEdge

gonna be drowning in three floyds next weekend

wacky1980

this is big news ... if you're into craft beer, and live in downstate illinois (i.e. not chicago metro). so pretty much just for me on these boards. anyways. three floyds, the indiana brewery responsible for several delicious beers including the almighty ZOMBIE DUST pale ale, has finally secured distribtion in downstate il. i contacted the distributor yesterday to see how soon we might be able to get some. sounds like there will be 7 selections available, starting next week. and since i got in early with the request (supposedly), they will allow us to do a launch event next weekend, with all 7 kegs + a few cases of bottles.

holy balls, talk about feast or famine.

whenever a friend is heading up to chicago or into indiana (ugh), our beer drinking group always sends a couple hundred bucks with them to grab as many 3F 6-packs as they can. zombie dust is usually restricted by retailers to a couple 6-packs per purchase (at $20 per...ouch) because of scarcity, so it's harder to get in quantity. now that 3F has ramped production and added distribution here, as long as i dedicate 1 or 2 taps in my bars to 3F flagship beers (alpha king or gumballhead), i'm supposed to have access to as much zombie dust as i can afford to buy. brand allocation is a bitch like that. in order to get access to the high-demand stuff, you have to dump a lot of cash into other varieties as required by the distributor. i haven't seen prices on the kegs yet, but i'm assuming our cost will be anywhere from $200-350 each. and i'm supposed to come up with the cash to buy 7 of them by next week. ok, not impossible, but it's not exactly part of my alcohol budget this month.

anyways, this news yesterday was just the icing on the cake for us. it's been a busy but very good week of planning for our new venue. we booked out lots of music of the next 6 weeks, a couple private parties, a series of yoga events, a cornhole league, two theme parties, and a "queen of hearts" raffle that is bound to grow into a huge weekly event. but of all the events we have coming up, i'm definitely the most excited about 3F.