UnevenEdge

Kill la Kill final streaming run now on Toonami Marathon Stream (1/30-2/3/17)

OwlChemist81

kill-la-kill.jpg

This week, Kill la Kill's glorious run on Toonami media comes to an end with kind of a bang, as it graces the Marathon Stream what most likely will be one last time before Toonami loses the rights on 2/7/17, as it first premiered on Toonami on 2/7/15.

We get to see Episodes 16-20 now through Wednesday at 6:30, followed most likely by 21-24 from that night to Friday at 8, if the online schedule for the stream is to be believed. I think it's just a glitch though. If FishCenter is on the live stream at 4 PM CT, I'll know it's just a glitch.

It would be interesting if Toonami somehow got the streaming rights to #25 on a one-time basis, but I seriously doubt they did. They've glitched and only played 4 episodes before as part of a marathon stream, and while this wouldn't be a glitch, I'm sure that's what will happen this time. Maybe we'll finally be able to stream a dub of 25 through Amazon Prime Anime Strike?  >:D

screen-shot-2014-12-03-at-9-03-09-pm.png

Anyway, if AOT S2 is coming, I would expect this to also be a thing for Season 1. Playing episodes 16-20 in the first half of the week, than 21-25 in the last half would seem to be an academic choice.

But back to Kill la Kill, Catch la Catch it while you can! I'm really glad it's still being featured by Toonami in 2017! Also, episodes #8-#15 are streaming with cable log-in, and #19-#21 without!

EPISODE 17: TELL ME WHY

BAM!!! I still remember what a shock that was the first time I saw it!

tumblr_nph8v2sjsf1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

EPISODE 18: INTO THE NIGHT

SO MANY shocking twists in this episode, it would make M. Night Shamalamadingdong proud!

INCLUDING Nui's doppleganger storm and Ryuko's surprising new abilities, including this...

tumblr_o2z0r2Hych1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

And this...

tumblr_o2teftTatk1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

Looks like they fixed the problem. Episodes 21-24 are streaming now through 6:30 PM tomorrow!

Yes, at some point tomorrow afternoon I'll be hosting the "watch-and-discuss"!

Edit: turns out the sequence starts with Episode 20 again, so you really get 20-24 right now. Enjoy the badly animated boobies and awesome action!

Yep, this is DEFINITELY the final streaming run, as all episodes expire on either February 5th or 6th.

But we've got one last run-through of 21-24, beginning right now!!

EPISODE 21: INCOMPLETE

Evil Ryuko (wearing Junketsu) kissing Nui. Yuck!

tumblr_nr4gauwziw1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

tumblr_nr5fhqDvt91rvb8cmo1_400.gif

And she makes short work of Nonon's mega shells!