UnevenEdge

Watching Magic Was A HUGE Disappointment!

PurgatoryGirl

More than an hour ago, I finished watching the 1978 Horror film, Magic. For the last 30 years, I have been told that the movie was scary. Hell, my mother wouldn't buy me a ventriloquist doll when I was little girl because 1 of my aunts was traumatized by Magic's commercials, decades ago.

After watching Magic last night (since it is technically morning now), I am highly disappointed.

When you watch the trailer for the film, you expect it to be scary like the Child's Play franchise.

Nope! Not even close to Charles Lee Ray being caught in a doll's body and on a killing spree.

If you have ever watched Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, imagine Norman Bates using a ventriloquist dummy as a vessel for his split personality. That's ALL Magic is. Had I been alive to see this movie in the theaters 40 years ago, I would've demanded my money back!

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

Earlier, I forgot to mention that I kept spacing out. Magic was SO boring that my mind mentally fell asleep. I think I also dosed off for ~1 minute, while watching Magic.

In addition, Ann Margret and Anthony Hopkins' sex scene was boring even with his creepy ventriloquist doll, Fats sitting on the couch only feet away from the bedroom.

HOW CAN WATCHING SEX BE SO BORING?!:o

Then again, I take that last part back. Watching Michael Douglas and Glenn Close's sex scene in Fatal Attraction was boring, so there's that.

So... if you dare to watch this highly misleading and disappointing Horror film, you will be happy or not so happy to know that you can watch Magic in its entirety for free on YouTube.