UnevenEdge

While watching SCREAM last week, it completely slipped my mind that 8/30/18 was the 3rd anniversary of Wes Craven's death from Brain Cancer. 2015 was a shitty year for Wes Craven, his family, friends, fans, etc.

https://www.ihorror.com/3-years-ago-wes-craven-left-world/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=latest_horror_genre_news&utm_term=2018-08-30

Wes Craven's birthday was on August 2nd and he died within the same month (his birthday month) in 2015. Watching his films and shows were always personal treats for yours truly.

I will never forget sitting on the living room floor in front of our TV, during the late '80s as a little girl and watching Freddy's Nightmares on Saturday evenings (I believe it aired at 7 pm).

Yes, I watched Freddy's Nightmares, which featured Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare On Elm Street. Freddy's Nightmares was a lot like Tales From The Crypt except it was a Horror Anthology, that premiered 1 year before Steven Dodd's Tales From The Crypt.

A few years ago, I was surprised to learn that there was actually a talking Freddy Krueger doll meant for kids 8 years old and older! It's amazing what you learn!

Anyway, I just thought I would share this news in this sub-forum. RIP Wes Craven! Pleasant Dreams!