UnevenEdge

So my mental health is great these days.

Skinko

But apparently I have some swelling on the left side of my heart.

The extra fun part is that I never would've known if I hadn't just been curious about my EKG results and casually asked for them. The best part? It's been swollen since fucking March. Apparently they gave me an EKG in the ER when I was shmammered and heading in for psych issues.

I guess the doctors didn't feel like swelling in one of my vital organs wasn't something that I needed to know about.

ER doctors are notoriously bad about this stuff. Most of it is because they tend to be very overworked in most hospitals and see a large number of patients in very small time frames. Not saying that is an excuse but it is likely related.

Also, I hope you're going to get a follow-up check, an enlarged heart can be a sign of heart disease and other stuff. Could also be something much less benign though, better to be safe then sorry.

But the doctors knew about it as well. The fact that no one thought it was necessary to clue me in about this is asinine.

And knowing my luck, I'll kick the bucket the day before my appointment, so I'm basically going to storm the hospital tomorrow and demand to be seen.