UnevenEdge

Three new Zappa albums on Oct 14th! Errr NOV 4th!

Guest Zintar

(org post Sept. 7, 2016)

Great Googly Moogly! I am excited.... next month 3 new titles are being released of my all time favorite musician, Frank Zappa. I am excited for all three of them, but especially for the 3disc deluxe set for the amazing Mothers Of Invention album "Uncle Meat". This release will mark the first time that the original 1969 Analog Mix will be available on cd. Back around 2011 when Universal reissued 60someodd titles they did issue many in their original analog glory, replacing many of Frank's 1980's remixes/remasters. In a few cases he did improve some recordings, but in most cases the original LP versions remained supreme. This set is part of a series that has also thus far included the albums FREAK OUT, LUMPY GRAVY, WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY, CRUSING WITH RUBEN AND THE JETS, and APOSTROPHE.  (HOT RATS will get the same treatment sometime soon).

At anyrate, this set is gonna be amazing! The track list has me drooling. Haha.

The set is titled "Meat Light"

CrYRC0YVMAI55T7.jpg

Disc: 1

1. Uncle Meat: Main Title Theme

2. The Voice Of Cheese

3. Nine Types Of Industrial Pollution

4. Zolar Czackl

5. Dog Breath, In The Year Of The Plague

6. The legend Of The Golden Arches

7. Louie Louie (At the Royal Albert Hall in London)

8. The Dog Breath Variations

9. Sleeping In A Jar

10. Our Bizarre Relationship

11. The Uncle Meat Variations

12. Electric Aunt Jemima

13. Prelude To King Kong

14. God Bless America (Live at the Whisky A Go Go)

15. A Pound For A Brown On The Bus

16. Ian Underwood Whips It Out (Live on stage in Copenhagen)

17. Mr. Green Genes

18. We Can Shoot You

19. If We'd All Been Living In California...

20. The Air

21. Project X

22. Cruising For Burgers

23. King Kong (as played by the Mothers in a studio)

24. King Kong (it's magnificence as interpreted by Dom DeWild)

25. King Kong (as Motorhead explains it)

26. King Kong (the Gardner Varieties)

27. King Kong (as played by 3 deranged Good Humor Trucks)

28. King Kong (live on a flat bed diesel in the middle of a race track at a Miami Pop Festival...the Underwood ramifications)

Disc: 2

1. Dog Breath, In The Year Of The Plague

2. The Legend Of The Golden Arches

3. The Voice Of Cheese

4. Whiskey Wah

5. Nine Types Of Industrial Pollution

6. Louie Louie (Live at the Royal Albert Hall in London)

7. The Dog Breath Variations

8. Shoot You Percussion Item

9. The Whip

10. The Uncle Meat Variations

11. King Kong

12. Project X Minus .5

13. A Pound For A Brown On The Bus

14. Electric Aunt Jemima

15. Prelude To King Kong

16. God Bless America (Live at the Whiskey A Go Go)

17. Sleeping In A Jar

18. Cops & Buns

19. Zolar Czakl

Disc: 3

1. We Can Not Shoot You

2. Mr. Green Genes

3. PooYeahrg

4. Uncle Meat: Main Title Theme

5. Our Bizarre Relationship

6. Later We Can Shoot You

7. If We'd All Been Living In California...

8. 'Ere Ian Whips It/JCB Spits It/Motorhead Rips it

9. The Air

10. Project X .5

11. Cruising For Burgers

12. A Bunch Of Stuff

13. Dog Breath (Single Version - Stereo)

14. Tango

15. The String Quarte

16. Electric Aunt Jemima (Mix Outtake)

17. Exercise 4 Variant

18. Zolar Czackl (Mix Outtake)

19. More Beer!

20. Green Genes Snoop

21. Mr. Green Genes (Mix Outtake)

22. Echo Pie

23. 1/4 Tone Unit

24. Sakuji s March

25. No. 4

26. Prelude To King Kong (Extended Version)

27. Blood Unit

28. My Guitar (Proto I- Excerpt)

29. Nine Types Of Industrial Pollution (Guitar Track, Normal Speed)

30. Uncle Meat (Live at Columbia University 1969)

31. Dog Breath (Instrumental)

32. The Dog Breath Variations (Mix Outtake)

The other two albums are live recordings, a full show from Chicago 1978 and random tracks from the 1972 Petit Wazoo Tour. This will be the second official release from that '72 tour and it will be great. The first release is amazing.

Here are some links  . .

Meat Light

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KVH1M62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Chicago '78

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KVH1LYU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Little Dots

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KVH1LZ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are a couple of tracks from the UNCLE MEAT album (ripped from the cd, not the better original analog master that will be used for this deluxe reissue)

I did get my copies on cds on Friday. That was so fucking great. Three new FZ releases on the same day! That has not happened since Frank was alive and doing it himself.

I'm doing stuff around the house today and messing around online, while listening to Meat Light. It is so fantastic!

I just found out that UMG (universial music group) was cool enough to post all of the stuff on youtube. So, I'm gonna post a handful of tracks thinking that maybe somebody here is either

a Zappa fan or at least curious to hear some excellent musics!

This first post will highlight various tracks from the deluxe 3 cd set MEAT LIGHT.  (As mentioned above, this set is built around the Mothers of Invention album UNCLE MEAT).

It contains the original 1969 LP Master (first time on cd!!!), the original (and quite different) original sequence that Frank shelved, and a third set of unreleased music recording during that time

period. To call this set amazing is a gross understatement. This is the shit right here.

This post will highlight a few tracks from Chicago '78.  Frank had quite a band that year and the Fall 78 run is legendary. Frank was killing it on guitar and the core rhythm section of Arthur Barrow on bass and the amazing

Vinnie Colaiuta on drums is often times jaw dropping. The rest of the line-up was equally badass. The compositions are performed with much accuracy and also with a very high energy. These mother fuckers were playing for keeps.

Each night would start out with a guitar based improvisation often beginning with a vamp of some type, building and switching up as it progressed. Really amazing stuff.

To this very day I have never seen a better live rock based band than any of Frank's bands that I was fortunate enough to see live, which I did many times.

Here is the opening solo/improvisation from this show (the second of two that night, so considering the band had already played a full show earlier in the evening, they were more than ready to throw down).

a nice version of Cy Borg (which would be released the following year on the popular album "Joe's Garage").

Here's a great piece that dates back to the early Mothers of Invention years . . lots of cool improvisations within this piece . .

This song is very special to me, for one I really love it, two . . when my wife and I got married (20 years ago, haha!) this is the piece of music she "walked down the aisle" to (not this version, a studio version. also, this song is originally from the 1971 film and soundtrack for "200 Motels")

one more here, a RIPPING version of BLACK NAPKINS.  Beautiful stuff.

Here are a couple of tracks from Little Dots. This is live stuff from a tour done during 1972 that featured a ten piece band that featured a 6-piece horn section. Very cool stuff. Frank prepared these tracks himself many years ago, but he chose not to release them at the time due to the overall recording quality to be below what he then deemed acceptable. I totally get that, but I am also very pleased to see this stuff released now. This stuff is awesome.