UnevenEdge

Well I figured there is a plethora of MST3K episodes on youtube so for those too busy to search for them I figured each week I'd bring a classic episode to stream in your free time and talk about here if you want!

Just imagine that! You can actually talk about something you watched online with others! What will we think of next???

So feel free to watch, enjoy, and try this "commenting on the internet" thing if you so desire.

Fair warning; Your sanity is non-refundable(mostly because this is free to watch)!!!

• Deeper, and deeper we sink with this weeks film. Mike and the bots discover the better forgotten Mole People below the Earths surface as they obverse LAWGIVER DAZE!!!
  • This episode originally aired Feb 15th, 1997 as Episode 3 of Season 8 of the original run!
  • Fun fact: The ending of this movie was changed because of good old fashion racism. Bentley and Adal were suppose to walk away together to be engaged to marry, but the studio was uncomfortable with a white guy and Sumerian woman.

Oh before you go! I forgot to mention that you can find previously selected classic episodes in a post below this one.

You can also go to the official Mystery Science Theater 3000 youtube channel to see full episodes and clips if you dare... the ability to make or find robot friends strongly suggested for the sake of your own mental health.

Edited by Killa Ounze
because i felt like it
  • Like 1

For the first week I selected "Time of the Apes" with Joel and the bots. Originally aired July 13, 1991 this was the 6th episodes of Season 3! I took down the video, but you can still find this classic onyoutube through the handy link!

Fun fact: this was actually a 26 episodes tv series in Japan, but was massively condensed through hours of editing into a movie, then it was even further edited for tv so we have this terrible tasting bite sized film version.

Edited by Killa Ounze
  • Like 1

So I'm a week late... and a day... let's just say a week day late. I am sorry, I am still adjusting to my over night job with that has no wifi that I have to contend with 4 days a week for 11 hours... I happened to work Thursday and Friday and I was tired and forgot...

...twice...

At any rate It's not a bad movie, is what I would say if I was a liar but if you enjoy self torment clcik the link below for:                                                       

"Kitten With A Whip"

• This week I've selected a true masterpiece... of an episode with Mike and the bots surrounding a horrible film called "Kitten With A Whip" from 1964.
  • The episode originally aired Nov 23rd, as part of Turkey Day '94 on The Comedy Channel 
  • Fun, but this time not so fun fact: This movie actually tarnished actress Ann Margret's reputation with fans, but did well at box office proving once again returns don't always mean it's a great film.
Edited by Killa Ounze
  • Like 1

I am one week late, but it's a marked improvement! Scientifically speaking of course, I'd explain it, but it's ...well.... mysterious.

• This week's episode is a classic, around a classic ...example of a rushed film project called: "King Dinosaur"  thinly guised by a sci-fi plot so bad it borders on fantasy from the year 1955.
  •  Joel and the bots did their best to make this movie watchable December 22nd, 1990 for the 10th episode of Season 2, but you can decide if they suceeded or not.
  •  Fun fact this movie was filmed in 3 days, and is a great example of why you should take more than 3 days to film a movie!
  • This week is the final Mystery Science Theater 3000 Thursday and I've selected "King Dinosaur" with Joel and the bots.
  • (A film so bad it nearly caused the dinosaurs to go extinct again, but this time from feature films of course.
  • so if you want a reason to hate Dinosaurs click the link and watch it now!)     

No worries you aren't off the hook yet, there are still plenty episodes on youtube so this thread will continue but as "Mystery Science Theater 3000 Tuesdays"  for two reasons:      

1. I think I'll be more punctual about updating this weekly if I'm not doing it at the tail end of my work week, and instead tackling it earlier in the week.
  2. Found out the official MST3K website has a weekly blog called "Crow-back Thursdays" already where they select a weekly episode. This way MSTies if they want can enjoy a spaced out double dose of classic movie sign.

Edited by Killa Ounze

This last minute update means this episode came in on time in at least 2 time zones this week!

Scroll up for the triathlon of bad movies above, and go to the top of the page for this week's test of sanity: "Boggy Creek 2: and the Legend Continues"

• This week Mike and the bots found out why no-one knows the Legend of Boggy Creek. 
  • This episode originally aired May 9th, 1999 as the sixth episode in the final season of the original MST3K and is wrapped around this 1985 dramatic horror or should I say traumatic horror...
  • Fun fact: This is actually the 3rd movie of the Boggy Creek series.it follows Boggy Creek(1972), Return to Boggy Creek(1977). Even more surprising there has been 2 more additions: The Legend Is True (2010) and The Legacy of Boggy Creek (2011)
Edited by Killa Ounze

Well all you die hard rock and roll big screen rebels, our episode shipment is on time for for a change...

>.>

<.<

Please excuse any bugs in the next few minutes, we've been spraying, but we may have to call an exterminator.

• Once upon a time Sept 26th 1993 this evil jerk named Joel Robinson and his rag-rag team of robotic rebels relentlessly rifted this classic stress test known as "The Painted Hills" a film from 1951.
  • Fun fact:  This is actually a "Lassie" film from the classic tv show about the infamous dog... without actually starring a dog named "Lassie". This not so classic movie was the 7th, and last of the series.

Edited by Killa Ounze