UnevenEdge

Whiskey Thread

UncomfortableGoatee

Whiskey Review/Recommend Thread

Gonna be a thread for posting about the whiskey/ scotch / bourbon  you're drinking and review and recommend favorites and junk :{D

-Try to give the price, year (if given), whiskey type, some flavor notes and a rating of your choice.

I'm by no means an aficionado, just wanna learn about stuff and introduce others to stuff that i like.

I'm also willing to expand to other liquors, if anyone has interest, hmu.

These days I'm mostly into scotch, so i'll be doing a lot of those, although I want to branch out (part of why im making this thread).

Cheers! 

To kick things off, just got this last night

Johnnie Walker Double Black. (blended sctoch, 2 oak casks)

ive had the black before but not the double black.

seems to me to be pretty similar, if anything more smooth and malty, and the price point is decent ($53ish where i live but MUCH cheaper online for 750mL)

overall really smooth, great middle of the road malty scotch (with chocolate notes maybe?), not too overpowering, almost a desert scotch if you wanted it to be. Great idea for a holiday gift if you have a family member who likes scotch but might only drink it after a holiday dinner or something. Tastes and looks more expensive than it is.

highly recommend it for its great flavor and ease of drink at that price point, and the clean looking bottle and box was a good touch

i give it 3.5 buckets of moss out of 5