UnevenEdge

Wilson

Admin

I'm looking forward to checking this out. Daniel has been my favorite comic book artist for many years. I spoke to him about this film not too long ago, it's the first film based on one

of his stories that he did not have a big hand in. Yes, he wrote the original story and screenplay, but had nothing to do with the shooting or any other part of the production.

I hope the movie does well and he gets a go at another. He has so many great stories.

He's another one of those super talented dudes that's also an incredibly nice guy.  I love when that happens.

Totally agree. I also love when that happens. I have met many of the people who (and even worked with a few) create stuff that I love. A lot of the time they are not the nicest people.

Daniel is truly a sweet guy. A no bullshit, old school nice guy.

I had first met him back when him and Peter Bagge did the HATEBALL TOUR. That was like 1990 or so. We spoke of that recently and he remembered a lot of little details about that day, which surprised me.

He also spoke about how all those years ago most of their fan mail was from a handful of people who wrote often and him and Peter would get on the phone and read the letters to each other. I thought that was pretty neat.

Those letters meant a lot to those guys and gave them some drive to continue in what was a pretty unrewarding field (at least monetarily). I miss the days of snail mail.

Luckily both of those guys stuck to it and have had excellent careers.

So many of the great indie/alternative comic artists faded into obscurity over time. Some branched out into commercial work and stopped doing comics. Some are working on various shows that some of us enjoy,

one example is Adventure Time. . . .