UnevenEdge

Pokémon Go

1pooh4u

Hatched my first Magby a couple days ago.  Got Moltres by doing Special Research yesterday.  It's cp 1439.

I've been stuck on Let's Go Meltan 3/9 for a long time now.  All I have left to do are the 2 raids.

All the raids near me are for those stupid high CP legendaries.  I want the Shinx raid or some other low level raid I can actually do.

On the plus side, I finally got enough Pokecoins from the gyms to get a Gengar shirt today.

It's pretty cool.  Already got the Drifblim shirt back when it was new so now I have the two shirts I wanted the most.

Now only have to save up enough pokecoins for the Drifloon cap and the Gengar backpack.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

Hatched my first Magby a couple days ago.  Got Moltres by doing Special Research yesterday.  It's cp 1439.

I've been stuck on Let's Go Meltan 3/9 for a long time now.  All I have left to do are the 2 raids.

All the raids near me are for those stupid high CP legendaries.  I want the Shinx raid or some other low level raid I can actually do.

On the plus side, I finally got enough Pokecoins from the gyms to get a Gengar shirt today.

It's pretty cool.  Already got the Drifblim shirt back when it was new so now I have the two shirts I wanted the most.

Now only have to save up enough pokecoins for the Drifloon cap and the Gengar backpack.

I’m on that same one. I have to catch a Ditto still. FUCK. THAT. QUEST.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, viperxmns said:

For fuck's sake can a goddam Pidgey spawn in Brooklyn again

That’s because.....well.....what else is there in Brooklyn other than shitty white people and pigeons?

wait.........you WANT Pidgey spawns? The actual fuck?

Edited by lupin_bebop

10 minutes ago, lupin_bebop said:

That’s because.....well.....what else is there in Brooklyn other than shitty white people and pigeons?

wait.........you WANT Pidgey spawns? The actual fuck?

Quest last month was evolve two Pidgey for a chance at shiny Caterpie

Couldn't do this stupid fucking quest, some players were trading Shadow Ball Mewtwos for two Pidgey

We also had an excellent throw for Ditto quest, so you should've banked one of those along with Aerodactyl

I would like a hundo Togepi

30 minutes ago, viperxmns said:

Quest last month was evolve two Pidgey for a chance at shiny Caterpie

Couldn't do this stupid fucking quest, some players were trading Shadow Ball Mewtwos for two Pidgey

We also had an excellent throw for Ditto quest, so you should've banked one of those along with Aerodactyl

I would like a hundo Togepi

Pidgeys spawn from every orifice here in Dallas. Every orifice. I gave up on shiny hunt. I only get low IV shiny Pokémon. 

2 hours ago, lupin_bebop said:

I’m on that same one. I have to catch a Ditto still. FUCK. THAT. QUEST.

Good luck.  Hopefully you'll be able to catch one by doing field research.

That's how I got mine when the quests first came out.  Edit:  I feel the same way about the quest because of the stupid raids.

Edited by blueraven1999

From watching a YT video I figured out how to transfer some of my Pokemon from Pokemon GO

to Pokemon Let's Go Eevee.  Just got a Mystery Box from sending 7 pokemon to Let's Go and caught my first Meltan.

I'll be able to catch them for about 30 minutes so that will be fun. 

Edit:  After walking for about 30 minutes, I got 38 Meltan candies.  It could be 39, but I'm going to transfer one

of my Meltan to Let's Go either later tonight or tomorrow.  Haven't decided yet.

Edited by blueraven1999

29 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

how do you like "Let's Go"?

was on the fence about getting it, leaning towards not, but i could be convinced

I'm enjoying it so far.  I know it's just a 3D Pokemon GO version of Red, Blue, and Yellow

but I didn't play those games when they were new.  I had no interest in new video games when the original

came out so I didn't play it.  So it's new to me.

When I played Yellow on the Virtual console, I got stuck in the Seafoam Islands since I'm terrible at puzzles,

but after watching a YT video on how to get through the Seafoam Islands, I got past it.  I'm currently on Victory Road.

I've heard some YouTubers complain about the catching mechanic but it's not bad if you play it in handheld mode like I'm doing.

There's also some lag but it's not that bad.  Jessie and James from the anime are in this and the game has a good sense of humor.

You'll find out if you get it.  The game looks great and this is coming from someone who hates 3D.  There are different clothes you

can collect for your character and Eevee/Pikachu.  It has a Play with Eevee/Pikachu feature which is really cute.

One weird thing, it has Gary/rival and Blue which is kinda cool.  It also has a story to it but not a lot of cut scenes like Pokemon Sun and Moon have.

I'd definitely recommend the game.

Edited by blueraven1999

10 hours ago, lupin_bebop said:

Because the only thing more useless than Alolan Pokémon.....is useless evolutions for evolution sake

I dunno, I like my Alolan Golem.  there won’t be a way to catch togekiss in the wild if they stick with special item evolutions can’t be in the wild 🤷‍♀️

On 12/5/2018 at 6:24 AM, 1pooh4u said:

I’m stuck on 6 of 9. I don’t have enough time to raid. I did 1 of 10. You don’t need to win the raid just battle in it. The wasting of raid passes might hurt though lol

I know.  I just like winning the rewards after a successful raid.

Plus I've been wanting a Shinx raid for a long time.  I want to evolve my Shinx someday.

It takes a long time to get candies for it just by walking.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 11:02 PM, Admin_Raptorpat said:

the criticism i always see of the game is that by stripping down aspects of the traditional pokemon gameplay to match pokemon go, the game kind of lacks the depth of a regular pokemon game. do you find that noticeable at all or is it totally cool with you?

Nope.  But I'm not a Gen 1 fan girl since I wasn't playing new games at the time Red, Blue, and Yellow came out.

I really like the catching mechanic in Let's GO.  I think it gets boring after awhile with just the constant battling so

catching pokemon is a breath of fresh air.

I'm just glad it doesn't have long cut scenes like Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

I've just played the main games since X and Y came out.  I played a little bit of either Pearl or whatever the other one is

a month or two before that and got stuck stuck after the second gym since I suck at the puzzles.  Played a bit of Black 2, used a playthrough

to get most of it but got stuck after the 6th gym or so. 

So I haven't played as long as most Pokemon fans and I love Pokemon GO so there's no way the catching mechanic would bother me.

Edited by blueraven1999

4 hours ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

i don't necessarily mean gen 1 as much as the most recent main games, because there's been so much added on top that is considered part of the main package

but i get what you're saying

Yeah that's why I mentioned Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Moon.

I really liked Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby a lot so I see it to similar as that since it's a remake only with Pokemon

GO mechanics.  Never played the original Sapphire and Ruby so I had nothing to compare it to.

I got stuck in the Seafoam Islands on the 3DS's Virtual Console of Yellow so I'm glad I was able to get past it in Let's GO.

There's a lot of different playthroughs of the game on YT if you want to see what the game is like.  I've been watching GameboyLuke and FeintAttacks

playthrough of it a little bit.  Patterrz is doing a nuzlocke of it.  He's a very good poketuber and even he said the AI move sets are good.

Edited by blueraven1999

Finally made some progress with the raids.  There was finally a non-legendary raid near me

yesterday.  It was 18000 cp.  Don't remember the pokemon (I think it was something I already have)

and I wasn't able to beat it, but at least I brought it down to red.

Only have to participate in the stupid raid for the special research anyway.  Only one raid left to go.

• Like 1

Battle rewards are random, you can also get stone from daily training w team leaders, you can get 3 prizes a day from battling trainers and one from team leaders

You can train an unlimited amount of times to spam ace trainer medal

There are three battle leagues, one for 1500cp, 2500cp and no limit

Blueraven we're already ultra so we can fight remotely

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

But they have a league where the max is 1500 😮😀

That's cool.  I probably would still never battle anyone unless it was someone online.

I don't do any local stuff.  Getting more of those Sinnoh stones are tempting though.

I only have one and I haven't seen any more from Field Research.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

That's cool.  I probably would still never battle anyone unless it was someone online.

I don't do any local stuff.  Getting more of those Sinnoh stones are tempting though.

I only have one and I haven't seen any more from Field Research.

We can battle we’re at that friendship level. 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

We can battle we’re at that friendship level. 😀

That's cool.  Maybe we can battle sometime in the future.

Do you have to stay in one league once you choose it?

If there's a medium league where you can have Pokemon from cp1500 to cp2500, I was hoping for one around that range.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

Just now, blueraven1999 said:

That's cool.  Maybe we can battle sometime.

Do you have to stay in one league once you choose it?

If there's a medium league where you can have Pokemon from cp1500 to cp2500, I was hoping for one around that range.

you can challenge anyone in any league whenever you want.  Each win you get in each league, you'll see a new badge appear on your medals and stuff

Great League Max Cp 1500

Ultra League Max CP 2500

Master League no CP limit

• Like 1