UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Well, yeah that's another issue, athough I look at it a little differently. I've gotten used to seeing protagonists made to seem way too overly perfect and infallible... the JSDF in this case. It bothers me far more though that they're portrayed as such heroes despite the fact that they seem to do the overwhelming amount of killing in the show, a lot of which I would argue was logically very avoidable. Logic seems to be a foreign concept in this show however.

4 hours ago, Phillies said:

any redeeming value?

Well, it made me laugh at how poorly thought through the show seemed to be.

Spoiler

I just totally couldn't believe that when they finally do mention something about the gate that they actually just made all the logical fallacies in the show that much worse by doing so. I mean, why does it never occur to anyone that a gate that mysteriously and suddenly appears can just as suddenly disappear and strand them all there?! And when the main character is told that's apparently happened to other races multiple times in the past, how does he react? He doesn't!

There's absolutely no scientific curiosity on anyone's part in this show. An interdimensional gateway, magic, a superhuman immortal demi-goddess -- oh who cares about how any of that stuff works when there's natural resources here in the ground that we can find in our own world already. That's all we care about. Sigh. Oh and that no one in the empire apparently had any way of knowing that the gate was going to appear when it did also makes the timing of their pre-emptive attack in the first episode that much more implausible. I could probably go on for hours about all the ways this show frustrated me, but it's not worth it... so yeah.

Just Because 1 - 3

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

W'z 3

Spoiler

Yuuuuuuuuup. Definitely gonna hafta watch Hand Shakers now. I understand that everyone at the cafe this episode were part of the previous generation of Hand Shakers, but it still feels weird and wrong seeing over half the episode focus on them and their post-conflict camaraderie without having subjected myself to the preceding context. Like awkwardly sitting in on a private gathering of old friends whose circle you weren't a part of, even a little bit. No wait, that's exactly what that was like!

That said, I had no idea the legal loli from Hand Shakers was so tiny! Like, I feel compelled to just straight-up call her a midget, she's so freaking short. :D

4V6Kgb7.png

Geisters: Fractions of the Earth 1 (test-watch)

Spoiler

I only watched this because I'm beginning the process of incrementally adding its credits to both Anime News Network and the Japanese-language staff database that specializes in this sort of thing. Naturally, being snubbed by the fansub community, I watched it raw, and I could only understand 5% of what the characters were saying (mostly character names, curse words, and the odd bit of Engrish). I can see how people viewed it as meh, but being a super-obscure anime with only half an English release and an interesting backstory behind its various circumstances, it was actually kinda interesting! Y'know, considering it's me.

I give it a TV-PGLV (possible TV-14LV) for two uses of "kuso" and the good guys team leader getting impaled by a tendril of one of the creatures they fight, with mild blood from the mouth. Probably the former rating, since it was in a morning slot, and the one Full Moon wo Sagashite later took over, no less.

Still love that opening theme. B|

Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth 4.5 - 12

Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They? 1 - 10

Really liked both of these. Yune from Croisee is just too cute. And Problem Children wound up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Shame it doesn't seem like there's much hope of it getting another season.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

8 hours ago, Hidden said:

The Promised Neverland 3

did anyone else decide to pick this up? im actually loving this. the atmosphere is nice. im so tempted to pick up the manga already.

I've been thinking of watching that show but haven't started it yet.  Probably will watch the first episode this weekend.

Just watched Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 9.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Delaclease said:

The Promised Neverland 2-3

I'm so glad we get an anime of this. I love the manga so much. 

dude do i keep enjoying it by the week and wait out the 12 eps before reading the manga, or do i just dive into the source material right now?