UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Virtual-san Looking #2 and #3
Symphogear #1

Well damnit... that was actually downright great. They crammed about three episodes of content into the premiere, and this was on top of the first half having an insane action/battle scene with multiple character deaths (or a near miss, in one case) that felt like something from a season finale. I think I heard about this already, actually, and it's due to the production team wanting to do a huge story but only getting one cour's worth of episodes for everything. Despite this, I find how compressed everything has been so far to help the show more than it hurts. But despite that, it would be nice if we had some proper introduction to what Hibiki's motives are, and why she could turn into an evil magical music girl so quickly.

Don't sleep on shows like this just because people on the Internet can't stop being annoying in praising them. I already feel comfortable in saying that, so it goes to show that I'm already a believer in it.

W'Z 10

Spoiler

I'll give you the awful animation and maybe the awful writing (though Yukiya and Haruka confessing to one another with no lawlharem funny business was pretty sweet), but I don't care if it's quiet in comparison to the voice and effects tracks, or if it's "repetitive" like the 27-artist track listing wasn't speaking the obvious truth, calling W'Z's music "awful" is an insult to jazz-chill instrumental hip-hop everywhere. The spirit of Nujabes hangs his head in shame. Fuck you, James Beckett.

exFV0FE.png

lhWOYx8.png

Check my Twitter this Thursday to see my new screencapped series of interest, Run with the Wind!

[@PokeTypeZERO]

Edited by PokeNirvash

Virtual-san Looking #5

This show has actually been a disappointment so far. I came in expecting something on par with Pop Team Epic's baroque craziness, but exaggerated even more. But what I got... was a fairly staid variety show with VTubers that has the same content every week with only minor changes. I get the impression that this is what most of those shoddily-animated CG improv shows like gdgd fairies are like. And all of the segments in each episode are almost always shown in the same order, and they rarely do anything interesting or subversive.

It's definitely fine for what it is, but I wish I'd been properly educated before jumping in. At least the main personalities are cut; my favorite is Shiro. :RoboTeeth:

Finished A place further than the Universe

Spoiler

It has good themes and it's really well written. Idk, it's hard for me to get lost into though, I found myself getting distracted a lot watching it which is a shame because I know pretty much everyone else loves it. I just think the pacing wasn't for me.