UnevenEdge

2023 good year for gaming?

Distortedreasoning

Yeah, I'd say it's been a pretty good year in terms of quality, at least when it comes to the quality of already established IP's.

Either way, I never really complain, every year in gaming has been great for me, there's always a few good single play games, and a decent amount of multiplayer to keep me busy with my friends.

Last big game that exceptionally blew me away was a sequel which was already almost five years ago. That and some licensed stuff here and there.

Which I don’t think continuations are that much to frown upon as long as the game is actually good.

I guess it’s part of getting old, but I’m content with that industry not having much at all to offer me anymore. If my Xbox One’s not a Blu-ray player, it’s just the backwards compatibility machine, and it took awhile just for that feature to even reach its fullest potential. But that’s how I’ve used it since forever.

All the greatest stuff perished with the 360. I’m hoping for things to someday improve again. The indie folks seem to be winning at least.

21 hours ago, LoverDemon said:

Yeah, I'd say it's been a pretty good year in terms of quality, at least when it comes to the quality of already established IP's.

Either way, I never really complain, every year in gaming has been great for me, there's always a few good single play games, and a decent amount of multiplayer to keep me busy with my friends.

thats what i thought too. no matter your opinion on remakes and sequels, it's looking like a strong year. im more into the single player myself but will be doing multiplayer when i get d4. 

Future Redeemed was dense enough to be its own game, and an excellent one at that.

Rain Code fills me with unhinged excitement. I don't know what Danganronpa guy's gonna hit me with this time, but it will be a fucking ride.

I don't ask for much. A DLC and more weird supernatural murder mysteries is all it really took to tide me over. I don't need 20 AAA games released 24 months too soon.

Edited by naraku360

22 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Future Redeemed was dense enough to be its own game, and an excellent one at that.

Rain Code fills me with unhinged excitement. I don't know what Danganronpa guy's gonna hit me with this time, but it will be a fucking ride.

I don't ask for much. A DLC and more weird supernatural murder mysteries is all it really took to tide me over. I don't need 20 AAA games released 24 months too soon.

had to look those up. never played any of the xenoblade chronicle games, but i heard good things from fans of jrpgs. rain code is a bit more obscure to me but i know of the genre. 

On 6/10/2023 at 7:51 PM, Chapinator_X said:

Street Fighter 6 and TotK would easily bump it up as a great video game year. I’ve been addicted to SF6 since I picked it up.

I’d like to get FFXVI, Hifi Rush, and RE4 Remake eventually, but Cassette Beasts has been keeping me busy. 

im in agreement as well, totk for me makes this a great year. tho i still havent played it at all. 

i will probably pick up sf6 when it goes on sale.