UnevenEdge

Dr. Stone: New World #1 Discussion

Damn it.  I missed the first 6 minutes because when I checked the schedule I thought the show was starting at 12 central.  I assumed Food Wars got booted 30 minutes later haha.  For some reason YouTube TV wouldn't let me rewind.  Obnoxious.  What happened before the OP?

I guess this is what happens when there's a show drought for so long, even though I heard Dr. Stone was coming, I wasn't confident of that at all and didn't think it would air any time soon.

And who the hell is the pirate guy?  I don't remember him from whatsizface's army or the village or Senku's group.

• Like 3

Just now, ben0119 said:

Damn it.  I missed the first 6 minutes because when I checked the schedule I thought the show was starting at 12 central.  I assumed Food Wars got booted 30 minutes later haha.  For some reason YouTube TV wouldn't let me rewind.  Obnoxious.  What happened before the OP?

I guess this is what happens when there's a show drought for so long, even though I heard Dr. Stone was coming, I wasn't confident of that at all and didn't think it would air any time soon.

And who the hell is the pirate guy?  I don't remember him from whatsizface's army or the village or Senku's group.

At least youre here now! 

And yea I figured some people would be confused without the movie 

Just now, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Check the first post. There was a special that wasn't aired that introduced him.

Oh good lord.  Didn't know there was a special.  I take it Demarco wasn't able to get the rights?

That's quite the write-up.  I think I will try to just watch the special.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

At least youre here now! 

And yea I figured some people would be confused without the movie 

Thanks.  Yeah I was about to get in the shower and figured I'd be done before midnight so I'm glad I checked the schedule and time again before I did that haha.

There was a whole movie?!  I figured like a 30 minute thing.  I hope this new guy doesn't act this obnoxious the whole time.  And we just added a bunch of characters before this.

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Basically just a quick catchup and them arriving back at the village with this new guy on the hot air balloon. I need to watch the special too.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Thanks.  Yeah I was about to get in the shower and figured I'd be done before midnight so I'm glad I checked the schedule and time again before I did that haha.

There was a whole movie?!  I figured like a 30 minute thing.  I hope this new guy doesn't act this obnoxious the whole time.  And we just added a bunch of characters before this.

Looks like it's more an OVA, or at least kinda inbetween and OVA and a movie.

CR lists it as 54 minutes. Up in dub too. I remember when they announced the dub was releasing but never got around to watching and then stuff happened.

Just now, CountFrylock said:

Toonami couldn't afford to buy the Special

Seriously?  So it was a separate rights thing.  Did Demarco say that?  I wonder if the delay was them trying to get the special.  You know things like this aren't great for retaining viewership.  People will be confused and go watch the thing they missed, and many will just watch the rest and not bother with the TV airing.

Remember when they told people to go watch all the One Piece episodes they skipped? 🤣

It has been so long since the last season aired, I just figured I forgot who this pirate guy was and didn't recognize him in a new outfit.  But then I didn't remember anyone with Bakugo's voice actor.  Then I thought maybe whoever it was behaved more low-key before and so the VA had to act more over the top now and that's when the Bakugo voice came out. 🤣

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Basically just a quick catchup and them arriving back at the village with this new guy on the hot air balloon. I need to watch the special too.

Oh ok.  So that was mostly recap but I probably could have used it since I missed the special haha.

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Seriously?  So it was a separate rights thing.  Did Demarco say that?  I wonder if the delay was them trying to get the special.  You know things like this aren't great for retaining viewership.  People will be confused and go watch the thing they missed, and many will just watch the rest and not bother with the TV airing.

Remember when they told people to go watch all the One Piece episodes they skipped? 🤣

It has been so long since the last season aired, I just figured I forgot who this pirate guy was and didn't recognize him in a new outfit.  But then I didn't remember anyone with Bakugo's voice actor.  Then I thought maybe whoever it was behaved more low-key before and so the VA had to act more over the top now and that's when the Bakugo voice came out. 🤣

actually the delay was unrelated to this because they mentioned they were still trying to iron out a new show when dr stone was announced for toonami

54 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

actually the delay was unrelated to this because they mentioned they were still trying to iron out a new show when dr stone was announced for toonami

Wasn't it accidentally announced in a schedule they put up?  I don't think most people even knew this was coming on, much less today.  I didn't.  No TV promo last Saturday.

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Wasn't it accidentally announced in a schedule they put up?  I don't think most people even knew this was coming on, much less today.  I didn't.  No TV promo last Saturday.

it was no accident i just don't think they cared to hype that up in the facebook post because that wasn't the surprise show they've been waiting to announce

Food Wars is about to conclude and that will likely be when we see this mystery show

Edited by CountFrylock

20 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Did you even fucking read my recap. :LithiumSmileyAngry:

20 hours ago, ben0119 said:

That's quite the write-up.  I think I will try to just watch the special.

Okay, so you did. Thanks, I try my best.

That one to two seconds of Kohaku deepthroating a giant loaf of bread gives me life.

bread.PNG.a7dbfaae4df020e489566a3a849da2d2.PNG

• Haha 1

• Top Gun unpinned this topic