UnevenEdge

Food Wars 5th Plate Episode 9 (#82) "God Tongue's Despair" Discussion!!

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

Haha everyone's grandma is a good cook! 

IMO, Middle Eastern cooks are the Gods of lamb and goat haha but food is every subjective so to each their own I guess. 

It could be the lamb wasn't slaughtered properly, which is another part of it supposedly.  It's not often food is so bad to me I have to put it back.

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

You really do not like the mangaka do you? Haha I mean it is basically hentai but still! 

I think I explained myself pretty well in the thread.  He's an incompetent, one-note formulaic troll.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I just like the show because it makes me laugh, nothing more haha it is nothing amazing but it gives me some kicks. 

The problem is the show has some appealing and sympathetic, likable characters, but they are stuck in this garbage show written by a garbage mangaka.  It's like Naruto but even worse. 

Imagine these series and character handled by much better mangakas?  Maybe Yuki Tabata, Black Clover mangaka, or Oda.  Tabata doesn't enrage me like this and he does a better job with female characters than a lot of mangakas out there. 

Or Yellow Tanabe, creator of Kekkaishi, who is a baker and woman herself, that series only gets better after the anime, I'm sure she'd do better than this slob who made Food Wars.

Edited by ben0119

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Or Yellow Tanabe, creator of Kekkaishi, who is a baker and woman herself, that series only gets better after the anime, I'm sure she'd do better than this slob who made Food Wars.

There's more good stuff in it after where we ended? Wonder why that show just ended instead of coming back, sigh.

22 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

There's more good stuff in it after where we ended? Wonder why that show just ended instead of coming back, sigh.

There was some of disagreement between the mangaka and the anime studio over some stuff, not sure what.  The anime was a faithful adaptation of the material it covered.

You should check out the Kekkaishi manga sometime if you get the chance.  It definitely isn't generic like people claimed.  Also finds ways for characters to contribute besides fighting power.  And the way some plot lines are wrapped up are very clever and out of the, box, heh.

The character Gen from that series was really relatable to me.  He reminded me of the anger issues I had in the past.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

There was some of disagreement between the mangaka and the anime studio over some stuff, not sure what.  The anime was a faithful adaptation of the material it covered.

You should check out the Kekkaishi manga sometime if you get the chance.  It definitely isn't generic like people claimed.  Also finds ways for characters to contribute besides fighting power.  And the way some plot lines are wrapped up are very clever and out of the, box, heh.

The character Gen from that series was really relatable to me.  He reminded me of the anger issues I had in the past.

yeah i liked the show when it aired.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

yeah i liked the show when it aired.

Yes.  But the Kekkaishi manga gets even better after that!  It's a shame it wasn't adapted!  Same with Rave Master, its manga got even better after the anime stopped.  I still like Rave better than Fairy Tail although I love Fairy Tail too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ben0119 said:

The problem is the show has some appealing and sympathetic, likable characters, but they are stuck in this garbage show written by a garbage mangaka.  It's like Naruto but even worse. 

Imagine these series and character handled by much better mangakas?  Maybe Yuki Tabata, Black Clover mangaka, or Oda.  Tabata doesn't enrage me like this and he does a better job with female characters than a lot of mangakas out there. 

Didn't Yellow also create Blue Exorcist?